Forums

Help › Forums

Chat during Blitz?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 8 2011 11:22 AM (8 replies)
  • lccchopper
    39 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2011 11:31 PM

Hi all, just played a few rounds of blitz today( which is not like me to do as i normaly only play stroke rounds) and either it is not common practice to chat during blitz or i was just unlucky to play with (and i will be polite here) the not so chatty golfers.

• lccchopper
    39 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 12:43 AM

One thing's for sure, i don't care about the weather on those maps esssy. Now if they were of W.A. then,,,,,,,,,, nah, still would'nt care, lol.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 1:12 AM

I think it's more down to the players than game format, I always chat in multi-player games.

It sure feels strange to play with people who are silent though doesn't it?

• lccchopper
    39 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 1:23 AM

MainzMan:

I think it's more down to the players than game format, I always chat in multi-player games.

Yes it did feel rather strange for a player not to respond to, ns or similar. Anyway ,learning all the time about this weird and wounderful game.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 7:41 AM

MainzMan:

sure does,   and it makes me want to quit the game but im not a quitter lol..

Would be like going to the real course alone, only to get paired up with someone and not say a single word.   

• lccchopper
    39 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 11:11 PM

MainzMan:

I must agree with your statement, now that i have played a few more Blitz games, it sure is down to the players and not the format. Just played with a very nice group of 4. Thanks guys.

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 12:41 AM

Better to play a 'quieter' than a quitter I suppose.

And though wins are sweeter against these strong silent types, they often morph into quitters anyway..

Playing with friends has a lot going for it.

• Lashe
    824 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 11:22 AM

I too spend almost all of my time playing with fellow CC members and other close friends and the chat box rolls along at a very steady pace.  On the odd occasion that I find myself playing with a random group that I don't know there are many times that it is done in silence as you relate. 

I'll begin the round with my usual greetings of 'good luck all & have fun' and commend players for well placed shots.  If I find that I'm getting no response, I'll just clam up and shoot the rest of the round in silence.  I don't take offence to it but it sure does feel awkward sometimes.

Different strokes for different folks and all that jazz.  :-)

RSS