• PAGES
  • colinscott
    55 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 10:00 PM

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 10:14 PM

colinscott:
    So many players , each, play so many rounds that WGT assumes we wouldn't notice all the extra hits on a ball as a result of buggy greens

Putting does not take away from ball life.

However, I have been noticing than many of my miss hits trickle to the fringe, which even when putted, decreases ball life.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 5:03 AM

It has become way to obvious lately to ignore. I have noticed more and more shots, just rolling off the fairway into the rough, usually resulting in a extra stroke, or just onto the fringe like MB said. The little differences that I have noticed in the accuracy of the game, are starting to take their toll on the fun factor. Basic chips or pitches, that were second nature, are now a crap shoot. I had my flop shot from 15-30 yrds down to a science, not anymore. Like I mentioned in another post last night, I will just live with the higher rounds. Clubs don't wear out like balls due, but they sure can be tweaked to make you think you have to shell out more money, for the latest and greatest. I start every stroke game now, knowing it will be a 34 or 35 when it is over. I can live with that.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 5:15 AM

renniw52:
    I had my flop shot from 15-30 yrds down to a science, not anymore.

Well DUH to that. You go from the little boy tees to the teenage tees along with the faster greens and you think you don't have to adjust to that? C'mon man (squirrel)-you know better than that.  LOL

Is it my imagination or is this thread about WGT engineering shots to roll someplace where it makes you take a shot that counts against your ball life? Really?

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 5:37 AM

OK YJ, right jab-left hook. You stung me a little. My tees have not changed, just the green speeds. Putting is not the problem once I'm on the green. It seems to be more difficult getting to the green than before. This part of my game has gotten worse for some reason. Maybe it's the time change. Yeah, that's probably it. LOL

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 6:10 AM

renniw52:
    It seems to be more difficult getting to the green than before.

And it should be since you have to allow for landings that roll now. Wait until you get to Legend (yeah, I have faith) and then you get to get frustrated all over again. LOL 

New time, new game-you could be onto something there.  ;-)

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 6:22 AM

colinscott:
    WGT has added so many ways to make money for themselves that the smell of it overwhelms them, just as it does most business owner do once they realize they have a good thing going.

Wouldn't you?

WGT is fine.. there are flaws absolutely. 

But, your experience is the same as others.

after all , it is a free game. Your desire to participate with others or be competitive within the community, is where your $$ are going.

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 6:35 AM

colinscott:

I accuse WGT of being too greedy too quick.  This is an old refrain from me, but doesn't make it a false accusation.  WGT has added so many ways to make money for themselves that the smell of it overwhelms them, just as it does most business owner do once they realize they have a good thing going. The greens have developed more bugs than ever.  I wish I could say it isn't intentional.  So many players , each, play so many rounds that WGT assumes we wouldn't notice all the extra hits on a ball as a result of buggy greens.  Multiply a few extra hits on a ball by every player...nice return of $ for WGT.The balls cost as much as real balls at a pro shop.  These folks know which side  their bread is buttered on.  As witness to their cheating, unscrupulous actions, see the Pebble Beach option, of which their is none.  We, experienced players know there is no Pebble Beach option.  But if you are new, you don't know.  You start to play, thinking you can play it, but by the time you get it figured out ..you're taken in.  Golfers get bitten by the need to play every day... bug.. worse than  in any other game, in my opinion, as is everything else I am writing about.  That happens, but WGT is luring potential players in by false advertisement....and should be sued.

I have been bittenby this online game, since the beginning, but I do not want to give WGT my business anymore.  Since I can't quit on my own, surprise surprise for a golfer, I am hoping WGT suspends me indefinitely.  They are cheating, low life greedy, ars holes.  And when I make it back to CA  I am going to find these guys and *** slap them into next week.

Golf sure can wind you up cant it,LMAO,,Many years ago i caddied for my uncle who had just achieved his coaching badge after a few years on the Qing tour,He hit a wedge into a lake turned to me and had a look on his face i have never seen before,He said gimmie those clubs!!! I said NO and RAN,he ran after me took the clubs walked to the lake and threw the lot in,It was the funniest moment i have ever seen because the day before he was telling a customer how patient and calm you have to be,,It was even funnier to watch him 45 mins later trying to get them back out,,GOLF IS A CRAZY GAME:)

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 6:40 AM

SHRUDE:

WGT is fine.. there are flaws absolutely. 

But, your experience is the same as others.

after all , it is a free game. Your desire to participate with others or be competitive within the community, is where your $ are going.

Posts like this one restore my faith in intelligence...

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 8:16 AM

Golf sure can wind you up cant it,LMAO,,Many years ago i caddied for my uncle who had just achieved his coaching badge after a few years on the Qing tour,He hit a wedge into a lake turned to me and had a look on his face i have never seen before,He said gimmie those clubs!!! I said NO and RAN,he ran after me took the clubs walked to the lake and threw the lot in,It was the funniest moment i have ever seen because the day before he was telling a customer how patient and calm you have to be,,It was even funnier to watch him 45 mins later trying to get them back out,,GOLF IS A CRAZY GAME:)

LOL Preistess i've not laughed so much in ages,thanks for making my day :) i suppose it's like the old adage goes do as i say not what i do :)

RUSSELL

• PAGES
RSS