Forums

Help › Forums

Attn: WGT admin

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 8 2011 9:46 AM (0 replies)
  • jmehdi
    50 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 9:46 AM

My complaint is no more unusual than anyone else's. Specifically, I can't complete a round playing with other people without the game crashing. On good days, I'll make it to the seventh or eighth hole, but then there are days like today when I can't get past the second or third hole before my round is truncated.

More often than not, I'll finish the round on my own so I'm not wasting valuable shots with expensive Callaway balls that do me no good, but it certainly does take a lot of the fun out of it. But none of this is why I'm writing today.

The real problem is that today I lost a match, and 100 credits, because I "disconnected three times" which apparently is an automatic forfeit?

That means that my connectivity problems with WGT has now crossed the threshold from annoyance to financial instability. Granted, a buck isn't a lot of money, and I was already losing the match, but still... it makes me leery of risking more money.

I like WGT and I am fully addicted, but until I am confident in the connectivity issues, I'll probably stick with games for fun and tournaments and forego the match play.

I don't know who your host is, but I wonder if cloud hosting might provide fewer game play interruptions. Just a thought.

(To preempt those who see this post as a plea for advice; it isn't. It's just a comment. and yes, all the standard fixes i.e. clearing browser cache, blah blah blah... have been tried. I don't believe the problem is on my end)

Anyway, thanks for the game. I enjoy it very much. I look forward to next generation versions that resolve these issues.

RSS