Forums

Help › Forums

What's the fastest, smoothest browser for WGT?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 10 2011 5:14 PM (22 replies)
  • MickAnderson
    105 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 2:55 PM

I've been having some sticky meter issues and general slowness with Firefox.   I still have Windows XP so can't support IE9 yet, but was thinking about using IE8.

Any advice?

• muniprogolfer
    54 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 3:14 PM

Try google Chrome, fast and not usually any meter issues. Otherwise use the regular Internet Explorer and make sure to delete all history and cookies. Hope this helps

-muniprogolfer

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 3:28 PM

Google chrome or Comodo Dragon gets my vote.  

I used Chrome at work ;-),   and comodo at home.

Rarely get any problems.   Clear cache/cookies and all that quite frequently.

Also....... game booster helps a ton, even has a free version but I spent the $10 on it and am quite happy.

Hp

• Pryke
    295 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 4:37 PM

I'm a chrome and gamebooster user. I use chrome only for WGT. 

Cheers

P

• MickAnderson
    105 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 2:27 PM

I downloaded Chrome and it's working very nicely.  Thanks for the advice guys!

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2011 9:18 AM

Which game booster do you recomend ?????

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2011 9:18 AM

which gamebooster do you use

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2011 9:24 AM

MickAnderson:
    I still have Windows XP so can't support IE9 yet, but was thinking about using IE8.

Don't. You got the Chrome browser so I'm sure you're seeing the difference. IE is a prime target for the nefarious ones because it's so common.

One important thing you might want to do involves how you start the game. If you're on the main site and click Play Now the game opens in a separate window. The main window is still open in the background and if you play this will cause issues with your meter. Close it before you tee off. 

Another idea is to get a browser like Comodo Dragon and only use it for the game. Use Chrome for everything you want but when it comes time to tee off, open CD and play from there. Closing all other windows always helps avoid a lot of issues.

@russell-From other Irish players I'm hearing that Ireland's ISPs are a little shaky. The different browsers and things like gamebooster aren't going to help that situation.

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2011 9:40 AM

Netscape Navigator

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2011 10:27 AM

Tried them all..Comodo Dragon is by far the best....H

RSS