Forums

Help › Forums

Is anyone else

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 9 2011 5:21 PM (9 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 10:21 AM

OK, I'm not complaining but anyone else tired of seeing scores in the 20's for 9 holes and in the 50's for 18.

I mean every time you go to enter a Tournament look at the leader board and there it will be a score in the 20's. I mean I could under stand a score like that every so often, but come on it's in every tournament

Just thinking out loud.

Here's a thought break the Tournaments into brackets, by your AVG and let the members that shoot the 20's and 50's game compete with each other.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 12:33 PM

i suppose it's a matter of them getting it near the hole and in the hole most of the time.

I unlimited tourneys i can understand but the once for the marbles, i don't get it either.

Good clubs and good reflexes i guess. THat and a degree in computer science.lol who the hell knows.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 12:49 PM

BubbaCrusher007:
    good reflexes i guess

The one thing I don't have most of the time anyway.

• mhansen2
    24 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 2:31 PM

I agree..thats why I dont playin tournaments...I dont stand a chance

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 3:34 PM

mhansen2:

I agree..thats why I dont playin tournaments...I dont stand a chance

You and me both sir, i'm lucky to hit anything at the mo.

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 3:43 PM

This is what I've been saying for years(2), there are players on here that are well versed in the gaming aspect and there those that aren't. Trying to determine who's who would be nearly impossible. Also the fact that these players get unlimited shots at qualifying or tourney play is just not sound thinking on WGTs part. I don't want to sound like the really good players should be penalized, but something needs to be done. More and more of the average players on here are fed up with the way the tournaments are set up, but put the true sense of the game of golf back into the tournaments or lose the majority of you entrants. We are being punished because the great players are just that, great. No doubt about it. But those folks are gamers not regular players. They can and probably do sit and play a qualifier dozens of times, till they're satisfied with their score. Which then drives the cut so bloody low that only the elite players have any kind of shot. Before we all have to boycot the tourneys, WGT had better remember which side of their bread the butter is on. And once again, I'll get attacked on here by someone who feels slighted by my comments. Too bad, but the facts are the facts, period! Once again, one, and only ONE qualifying round, and for kicks and giggles seperate the gamers from the regs, or something it's freeking ridiculus already!!!!!

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 4:39 PM

*sigh

Think of it like real golf.

Do you really expect to compete against guys that practice for hours a day when you are a week end duffer?

The guys that win are amazing.... I play with many of them. I don't have the time to put in the hours required to compete.

In the NFK today, I was -10 after 9. I ended up with a 57. Why?  I don't play enough.

Please quit with the 'I don't win, so the system is broken' threads.

Happy hitting

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 5:02 PM

You guys are missing the point, it's like going up in tiers, well you play a Tournament that is in your AVG where you have some glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel .

Now I know that anything can happen at any given time in a game, but when you look at the leader board of a Tournament and see the first 6-8 guys at -28 come on.

The great players are great no doubt so let them compete against each other, and don't make the average player play against them ( sure everyone has that little train that could inside of them) but lets be realistic. 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 5:21 PM

Woodo, 

I checked your score history, you have a 4 or 5 sub 30's in the past month.

Chill:)

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 5:33 PM

One of the really great things about golf IRL is the handicap system, where I could go out tomorrow and compete with Jack Nicklaus on an even playing field. WGT should have one (that is NOT the average score). the really great players would still have their 20 under gross scores, and everybody else would have their net. in real golf you get some sandbaggers and here you'd get a lot more ... but it would help. sandbagging is already going on, anyway. you could also assume that at least cc tourneys and matches with friends wouldn't be rigged.

it would be super easy to set up, since WGT already calculates "average" score; much harder to prevent cheating and manipulation, but that's rampant as is.

RSS