Forums

Help › Forums

Goals & Achievements - Live on all platforms

Fri, Mar 31 2023 9:13 PM (258 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2022 6:02 AM

These are the old silver box for three wins etc, just collected one and went from 14,483,756 to 14,486,156.

Yes laptop.

• pmm711
    5,640 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2022 3:48 AM

pmm711:

bossbird:

Nico , just want to flag up another problem , played in Tokyo coin room With a pass for turf war, and won , but the win isn’t registering on my achievements but the coins are registering on the turf war. 

It's happening in many places not just Tokyo.  Again, if they just focused on existing issues vs. new features (that create even more issues) they'd be much better off.  Unfortunately it's one 1 clusterF after another anymore. 

And...during this I've been playing daily and have been reset to CDP Day1 and now at Day6 and no response to put me back to where I was.  I play about 1hr per day and everything I've played for has been shot to hell...and for what...some G&As????  Thanks WGT.

As Nico wrote that he’s reading these threads daily but not responding just to say he’s opened a ticket, I wanted to provide the following…

My CDP just got restored yesterday (reported on page 16 of this thread on 8/6).  Thanks Nico!  I wasn’t concerned as I knew you all have been addressing higher priority issues.  At least this confirms to everyone that lower priority issues do get addressed and that “patience is in fact a virtue”. 

So for everyone…no need to repeat griping about the same issues the G&A rollout has caused.  Nico, Champ, and the others are actively chiseling away and addressing what is known to-date.

Thanks again Nico! 

• AugustWest82772
    45 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2022 11:09 AM

It's a deal because some of us DON'T want to know when a shot is going in BEFORE it goes in.

Some of us don't appreciate this game becoming less and less like the game of golf.

Please do something to let those of us who don't want to see the Goals and Achievements banner go off continuously in a round of play discontinue this.  

• pmm711
    5,640 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2022 7:49 AM

The devs are definitely weak Nico...come on. 

This one should have been simple to knock out without issues.  They have to think things through before saying the coding is done (and tested)...we know they don't test it...and there's definitely no QA/QC in place.

2 Issues with this one:

• You definite have to win 5 outright, not just "play" in them...wins via tiebreaker or losses to not count.
    • The match won must be completed before the Active Sponsor timer runs out...so if you started the match when the 30 minute timer was still active, but the match took longer than the remaining minutes left, the win won't count.

• WGTNico
    634 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2022 8:38 AM

it would require another downtime/update for it to be fixed in game. We already had done one downtime earlier in the month and we only did the two very large ones that we had fixed. Anymore downtimes would have been bad on our end so fixes will have to wait until the next update. Also please do not be disrespectful to our devs/qa team. They work very hard and you need to remember that we're an indie game with an incredibly small team.

pmm711:

• You definite have to win 5 outright, not just "play" in them...wins via tiebreaker or losses to not count.
  • The match won must be completed before the Active Sponsor timer runs out...so if you started the match when the 30 minute timer was still active, but the match took longer than the remaining minutes left, the win won't count.
  •  

• ALAN73WHU
    37 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2022 9:08 AM

you make a valid point but cmon get the basics right

• pmm711
    5,640 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2022 9:57 AM

WGTNico:

it would require another downtime/update for it to be fixed in game. We already had done one downtime earlier in the month and we only did the two very large ones that we had fixed. Anymore downtimes would have been bad on our end so fixes will have to wait until the next update. Also please do not be disrespectful to our devs/qa team. They work very hard and you need to remember that we're an indie game with an incredibly small team.

pmm711:

• Nico,

I (well "we" I'm sure)  know you guys are working hard and are a small, dedicated team, but, we are your "free" troubleshooters.  And I believe we're all in agreement that these things get rolled out way, way prematurely.  What would be the harm in creating a testing area, say WGTTest and invite some of us to hack away at it before a release?  It would definitely prevent a lot of angst...or maybe create more...idk.

• bossbird
    2,218 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2022 10:15 AM

I think some criticism is good if it can get acted upon, if it pinpoints the actual problems. I have no idea how big the development team is at WGT , nor how it works . The most important thing is communication , I believe. Whilst it is probably better now than before , as Nico is here more often , than previous admin, it still is necessary to touch base daily, and it concerns me that your limited resources Nico are now becoming thinner on the ground because of the use of discord.

I even tried to sign up for discord and registered for it , but there didn’t seem to be any active conversations when I was there , unless I never actually managed to find the right place. I don’t need instant responses I just need to know that WGT is getting the messages. With WGT being a worldwide game , time zones makes instant messaging pretty worthless I would have thought. ?
    There are maybe no easy fixes , but  no one can deny that there have been rather a lot of glitches that could have been dealt with better with better communication.

• HamdenPro
    2,461 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2022 10:46 AM

bossbird:
    I even tried to sign up for discord and registered for it , but there didn’t seem to be any active conversations when I was there , unless I never actually managed to find the right place

If you did not find WGT's "official" server, try this link (cut and paste) and accept invite to server.

https://discord.gg/hdNQwqVs

• SamSpayed
    4,992 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2022 10:51 AM

bossbird:
    I even tried to sign up for discord and registered for it , but there didn’t seem to be any active conversations when I was there , unless I never actually managed to find the right place.

Lesley, in order to get full access to the WGT Discord server, you have to go to the #read-me channel and click the green ✅ below the 1st post, indicating that you will abide by the Community Guidelines.  Hope this helps. 

RSS