Forums

Help › Forums

I Guess its a mistake asking any questions

Sat, Nov 19 2011 10:07 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • seviekaiser
    30 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2011 5:12 PM

I only wanted one person to answer not my game history thrown back at me. I have had a bad time trying to have cnfidence in myself, and my inability to control the clubs and loss of golf balls and play consistently are causing to go to the cheaper clubs punishing myself for being unable to be happy with the game I have been playing. 

I wonder whether it is wrong not to be confident when playing in this game.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2011 6:16 PM

confidence is king......

stick to one set of clubs and learn to use them instead of buying more clubs when you level up......

having said that, i think you've enough clubs now that you'd need 5 bags to put them all in.

if you've not got slow meter balls...try them as they will help.

i think buying all these clubs can only cause more confusion because you'll be chopping and changing clubs instead of sticking to one set and learning them.

tbe

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2011 6:31 PM

Our apologies go out to you for your struggles with the game.  Your other forum post will draw attention from all kinds here at WGT.  To know that people are looking into your history only shows that people want to get to the root of the problem, as to why you are quitting. 

Andyson is one of most genuine supportive players I've met here. He has a great sense of humor, excellent graphics posting skills  and knows how to say things without saying too much.  By bringing up your purchase history shows something is wrong. 

Whether you're a kid with a CC that's not yours, someone with a disability (my thought without saying it was an alcohol issue -just a thought not an accusation ) You have to admit buying the same club or set of clubs multiple times is not smart.  Nobody knows if you're selling them back and repurchasing them later, nor should it matter.  Your statemnet about confidence sums up your Pro Shop history.

Confidence...yes you should have it.  Practice...most definetely.  Take notes, read froums for tips and most importantly have fun.  Alternate Shot games, Country Clubs...I see you get around.  It all takes time.  Putting..."putt for dough" the saying goes.  There are many formulas out there for how to putt.  See what works for you. I prefer avatar movements and a simple rerating of distance based on green speed.  It all takes practice and practice builds confidence.

In closing (Thank God they say)  I wish you the best of luck in all you do.  Don't give up on yourself just yet.  You'll get the hang of it.

Peace

• seviekaiser
    30 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2011 6:50 PM
    Thanks, I am trying to practice now and will do until I feel confident to be able to play against anyone. Please let me apologize if I said anthing bad.
  • seviekaiser
    30 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2011 7:58 PM

I made a mistake,, but I got frustrated because I was not moving my scoring average down and can't control fast meter clubs. I admit I purchased many different clubs, but I

also was not receiving and support from my fellow players at the time of my selling backs and losing balls like crazy.  Please forgive me and if you can give me support I would appreciate.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2011 6:14 AM

seviekaiser:

I only wanted one person to answer not my game history thrown back at me. I have had a bad time trying to have cnfidence in myself, and my inability to control the clubs and loss of golf balls and play consistently are causing to go to the cheaper clubs punishing myself for being unable to be happy with the game I have been playing. 

I wonder whether it is wrong not to be confident when playing in this game.

Of course you didn't want your history thrown back at you!

You've been playing the "Oh woe is me, I need help" game for quite a while.

In chronological order:

seviekaiser:
    seviekaiser posts  on  7-2 and 7-3-2011:

"My major problem is I've been trying to do surveys to get credits, no luck. I can't have a credit card, and I need better clubs to improve my game. I need irons, driver, 3 wood, and hybrid. What other options do I have other than quitting? You could leave a message on my message board too."

"I can't have a credit card, because my financial power of attorney won't let me.   I do surveys and complete them, but don't get credits for completing them.  Could somebody help make me understand why I am contemplating quitting a game I love to play?"

Oh woe is me!  Surveys don't work for me, I can't have a credit card so I'm thinking of quitting this game I love because I can't buy better clubs! Help me!!

seviekaiser:
    seviKaiser status on 9-17-2011:

"I'm no longer playing in any games until I can feel confident that my game will improve.   I am not going to have decent clubs until I feel I deserve them. If you want to help me send me wgt balls to use with my cheap clubs, since I can't control my temper and have to go ths route."

"I'm no longer playing in any games until I can feel confident that my game will improve. I am not going to have decent clubs until I feel I deserve them."

seviekaiser and CharlieCoxx defeated peoch and JTHAWK in a 9-hole Alternate Shot game on KIAWAH ISLAND: THE OCEAN COURSE.

Yep, you're not playing in any games unless CharlieCoxx asks you. 

Oh woe is me, I have no confidence my game will improve so I'm punishing myself by not playing any more and by not getting decent clubs.  But you can help me by sending wgt balls to use with my cheap clubs because I can't control my temper.  (No scratch that last part its a little too over the top.)

C'mon man!!  We're not THAT stupid!

seviekaiser:
    seviKaiser status on 9-18-2011:

"I am willing to try and play, but I hope any person could help me."

"I can't afford to get credots for 3 to 4 weeks, and as of now I won't play anymore until then, unless someone can help me."

19-Sep-11
    seviekaiser purchased the TaylorMade Z Satin TP 64° Wedge (L39+) in the Pro Shop.
    seviekaiser purchased the TaylorMade Z Satin TP 60° Wedge (L39+) in the Pro Shop.
    seviekaiser purchased the TaylorMade Z Satin TP 58° Wedge (L39+) in the Pro Shop.
    seviekaiser purchased the TaylorMade R9 3 Fairway Wood 15° (L62+) in the Pro Shop.
    seviekaiser purchased the TaylorMade R9 TP 8.5° Driver (L62+) in the Pro Shop.

Where the heck did you get the credits to buy those clubs?

seviekaiser:

10-Oct-11
    seviekaiser status:
     I'm available, if some wants to help me, you could send a 64 wedge or a putter

11-Oct-11
    seviekaiser status:
    If somebody would like to help me, you could send me decent golf balls, a 64 wedge or a decent putter

12-Oct-11
    seviekaiser purchased the World Golf Tour GI-D Balls (White) in the Pro Shop.
    seviekaiser purchased the World Golf Tour MILWAUKEE GI-SD Vapor Ball in the Pro Shop.

+ 7 more purchases not shown for brevity

seviekaiser purchased the TaylorMade Z Satin TP 60° Wedge (L14+) in the Pro Shop.
    seviekaiser purchased the TaylorMade Z Satin TP 54° Wedge (L14+) in the Pro Shop.

Oh woe is me, I need help.  Send me balls and clubs.

Then the very next day you go and make a dozen purchases?  What's up with that?  Obviously you got the "financial power of attorney" to make credit card purchases issue resolved.

Run, run as fast as you can, away from seviekaiser if you get a friend invite.

Waiting to see which sympathy card gets played next......

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2011 6:49 AM

Wow! andyson.....Man, did you do your homework. I say this as a complement. Way to put it alll together my friend. edge...

• seviekaiser
    30 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2011 8:49 AM

Sir:

Nowhere did Ifigure someone to be mean enough to talk like you are, I mad a mistake, so now for as long as I live I must shut up permanently.  You sure can ruin a personal

support, remind me never to play on any game you're involved in.  I am sorry I didn't

realize I made this mistake and going to be ridiculed to where I wish I was no

longer living.  Is that what you want?

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2011 9:04 AM

seviekaiser:

I wish I was no

OMFG!  call 911 !!

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2011 9:27 AM

seviekaiser:

Sir:

Nowhere did Ifigure someone to be mean enough to talk like you are, I mad a mistake, so now for as long as I live I must shut up permanently.  You sure can ruin a personal

support, remind me never to play on any game you're involved in.  I am sorry I didn't

realize I made this mistake and going to be ridiculed to where I wish I was no

Man, he is just pointing out your erratic behavior during these months. Don't want to be harsh and trash you, just saying that asking for help with clubs or balls and then buying the same club over and over again is something few can understand. It's just a game and you don't have to cut your veins for not playing well. At some point we all sucked and hacked until we bought new clubs and balls and perfected our game, but I think few people can claim to need money and then go on shopping spree the next day. If you ask for help here you will get all kinds of comments, from sweet to harsh. Every person here has a different opinion and you have to live with that. More than money you need help with other social issues. This is a game, and you will interact with all kinds of people here. Andyson is a nice, funny fellow... when you ask for help with your game, usually everyone looks at your profile and decides what kind of help you need. Seeing  you are still using the starter clubs and balls after buying others and still complaining of not being able to control the meter... I tell you what... I have better clubs and balls than you and still cannot control it 100%. For better results you need better clubs and learn how to use them. Having 10 Satin wedges will not change the club features for the best. Having 10 Honda Civics are not supposed to make you a better driver, if you can't drive one, you can't drive all other 9. Buy one set of irons, one better putter, one better driver and better balls and practice and play, that's the only proven formula. No one can make you better, just teach you how to do it better and in the end, it's all in you and your attitude.

When we all started, we couldn't control the meter, when we practice more we were able to control the meter at least 50 % and after months of practice and play we can still control the meter 80% of the time or less. Landing in the rough is not the worst thing, we all do land in the rough, we all lose balls, we all get pissed off.... we all have good and bad rounds. If you land in the rough, learn simply some shots that can get you out of the rough and still make par or birds and eagles. That's what the game is about.

• PAGES
RSS