Forums

Help › Forums

SLEEZY PLAYER NAMES

Wed, Oct 12 2022 2:19 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Slimjim001
    1,042 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2022 6:05 AM

I probably should just keep my mouth shut on this one but I’m curious. Why do so many people sign onto WGT using some sort of a sleezy player name? Clever is cool, Goofy I can understand but Sleezy is a head-scratcher. Is it for the shock effect? Maybe it's because they have a low self-esteem issue and just need to vent. I expect many of them wish they could change it. Since it’s a “forever” thing, WGT needs to install a big flashing warning sign on their sign-up page that warns people to choose their player name carefully. The handle they choose is like getting a tattoo on their forehead that introduces them to the rest of the WGT world. It matters. There has to be a way that WGT could allow a one-time name change option, isn't there?

• HamdenPro
    2,468 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2022 6:57 AM

Slimjim001:
    Since it’s a “forever” thing, WGT needs to install a big flashing warning sign on their sign-up page that warns people to choose their player name carefully

Personally, I say let them choose a sleezy name and never be able to change it. The individual is the one who chose such a name, and I am sure it was for a reason. These are the type of people I try to avoid. If they are unable to change their name, it is easier to spot such people and avoid them. A wolf should not be allowed to hide in a sheep's clothing (by being able to change its skin).

Too many "predators" on WGT and the sleezy names make it easier to isolate and avoid - IMO.

Commons sense should dictate what name a person chooses, no warning to be careful is needed.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2022 7:02 AM

I agree with Steff on this. I've seen it taken even further with people, both men and women, choosing sleazy tattoos.

This costs them money and is probably seen by far more people. Maybe Jim is correct also, when he suggests it's the shock factor.

ct

• Slimjim001
    1,042 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2022 7:49 AM

"Sleeze" is sort of like littering the golf course. It doesn't do any serious damage, but it sure makes the experience less enjoyable. 

• callaghan159
    6,310 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2022 10:19 AM

I would rather play someone with a sleezy name than play a quitter when or when I dont  use a pass. To many effn quitters in this game.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2022 1:45 PM

Ive seen some weird names, Cant think of any that were Sleezy really...anyone have an example? 

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2022 1:48 PM

callaghan159:

I would rather play someone with a sleezy name than play a quitter when or when I dont  use a pass. To many effn quitters in this game.

+1000

Alt-shot with champion a couple nights ago, his partner was a legend who bailed him out on a 18' putt for par then hits an errant drive- champ says "WTF are you doing, FFS!" and quit next hole...tried sending me friend invite too...lol

• craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2022 2:01 PM

Koeksuster .

How wrong can you be .

When this young lady joined our cc a few years back i thought that name sounded dodgy .

But no .

South African plaited doughnut deep-fried and soaked in syrup .

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,638 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2022 5:43 PM

callaghan159:

Another +1,000! 

A sleazy name doesn't waste my time, but a freakin' quitter does. Unfortunately... the number seems to be growing day by day.

• PAGES
RSS