Forums

Help › Forums

No time change?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 14 2022 5:34 PM (7 replies)
  • Duphpherer
    457 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2022 6:25 PM

Does WGT observe DST or is everyone's new day on WGT starting an hour earlier than yesterday? Except AZ and HI.  Can I count on it being off until next spring or will they randomly decided to adjust? :)

No biggie today, but my CC missed on my 2500 daily bonus. Creature of habit that I am, never thought to look at the WGT clock. 

• AlaskanDame
    19,402 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2022 10:16 PM

WGT stays the same.  The rest of us change, so yeah, every six months thereabouts the “new day” changes, the Clash start changes, and new video time changes.

If you use other apps that depend on time of day, the same thing happens, BTW.

• alosso
    21,052 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2022 8:10 AM

Duphpherer:
    Does WGT observe DST
    Depends at which clock you're looking at - there are three, unless they changed recently.

1) is the forum and tournament clock, running on PT / PDT, right out of San Francisco.

2) is the CDP bonus clock, running on UTC = GMT = Zulu time. It doesn't change, but the DST flips may be disturbing - especially in the Americas.

This may have caused your bonus mishap.

3) is your local time, which comes into play in CC tournaments. If one starts on 6:54 h of your local time, it will finish on 6:54 h the other day. For someone in a different time zone, the time will be different - adapted.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,634 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2022 10:27 AM

These are the three different reset times I keep in mind as a West Coaster :

1. Tournament Reset : 12:00 am | 1:00 am (Summer)* every Monday for weekly & the 1st day of the month for monthly (* I've noticed that often times, this gets delayed depending on how well preparation things go for WGT so it may not happen exactly on the said time.)
    2. Free Credit Reset : 11:00 am | 12:00 pm (Summer) every day
    3. CDP Reset : 4:00 pm | 5:00 pm (Summer) every day 

Now please don't ask me why they have three different reset times instead of one since I've been asking myself the very same question. WGT runs things in a very... ummm... unique way.

⇩ EDIT : Ouch, that's harsh, PG! LOL ⇩

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2022 12:26 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    ummm... unique way. 

LOL

RSS