Help › Forums

Max CC Putter

Fri, Dec 30 2022 4:34 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MarchieB
    1,529 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2022 4:51 AM

Lesthanpar:
    but still in my opinion the newest latest and greatest more costly equipment will perform slightly better even with the same specs

That is what is known as " the grass is greener over there" paradox !

The problem with this is that once you ARE over there, the exact same theory applies!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2022 2:28 PM

Lesthanpar:
    in my opinion the newest latest and greatest more costly equipment will perform slightly better even with the same specs. Call me crazy, tin foil hat on backwards lol. 

Lol, somehow I don't feel the need and I do admire your honesty, I just think you're wrong.

Lets look at it; wgt have the Sabertooth probably the best performing putter that there's been.  They bring out another, the Titleist thing, with the same visible attributes but at a slightly (can't remember how much but it was slightly I think) higher price. 

You suggest that the Titleist one performs better but wgt are keeping quiet about this fact. Do you not think they would announce it in the loudest way possible if it were true?  Thereby selling more stuff.  Now if you were suggesting they worked a little bit less well I could see why wgt would want that kept quiet.

I reckon they work as wgt say they do, exactly the same.  I don't think there's been a genuinely new club for about three years (maybe more). Certainly wgt won't mind a whispering campaign suggesting what you suggest and you're far from the only one to have done so.  I honestly don't know (for sure) why some of the best scoring players on here have said this sort of thing, but they have. I doubt they'll have traded in their Sabertooths but I suppose it doesn't cost them anything if they do anyway.

The merger (?)  with Callaway will be an explanation for some stuff. 

Or maybe you and others are right, there's no spinning,  and wgt are just being modest ;-)

• Lesthanpar
    1,482 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2022 12:53 AM

Lesthanpar:
    in my opinion the newest latest and greatest more costly equipment will perform slightly better even with the same specs. Call me crazy, tin foil hat on backwards lol. 

Lol, somehow I don't feel the need and I do admire your honesty, I just think you're wrong.

Lets look at it; wgt have the Sabertooth probably the best performing putter that there's been.  They bring out another, the Titleist thing, with the same visible attributes but at a slightly (can't remember how much but it was slightly I think) higher price. 

You suggest that the Titleist one performs better but wgt are keeping quiet about this fact. Do you not think they would announce it in the loudest way possible if it were true?  Thereby selling more stuff.  Now if you were suggesting they worked a little bit less well I could see why wgt would want that kept quiet.

I reckon they work as wgt say they do, exactly the same.  I don't think there's been a genuinely new club for about three years (maybe more). Certainly wgt won't mind a whispering campaign suggesting what you suggest and you're far from the only one to have done so.  I honestly don't know (for sure) why some of the best scoring players on here have said this sort of thing, but they have. I doubt they'll have traded in their Sabertooths but I suppose it doesn't cost them anything if they do anyway.

The merger (?)  with Callaway will be an explanation for some stuff. 

Or maybe you and others are right, there's no spinning,  and wgt are just being modest ;-)

WGT offered to pay me and change my player profile so I make more putts if I said that lol. Okay it only performs better if you think it will. The power of positive thinking kind of a thing. Kind of like if you wear your lucky red shirt then you score better. The shirt does nothing but in your mind if you think it does then it actually does! Still, we all know that the performance of virtual equipment is highly variable and can be programmed in different ways. if it costs more generally it performs better even if only slightly. Again, no logical reason to spend credits on equipment with the same specs unless you have tons of credits to burn.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,634 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2022 3:33 AM

Lesthanpar:
    The shirt does nothing but in your mind if you think it does then it actually does!

It actually does something (huge!) in this WGT land. It's called apparel enhancement here. I'm sure you're aware of it. ;)

Lesthanpar:
    Again, no logical reason to spend credits on equipment with the same specs

Well, I sell old and buy new when I like the design of the latest even if it has the same specs in comparison. Sort of eye candy thing, you know.

I really like(d) the look of Nike equipment by the way. Too bad they're history now...

• Lesthanpar
    1,482 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2022 12:19 PM

Lesthanpar:
    The shirt does nothing but in your mind if you think it does then it actually does!

It actually does something (huge!) in this WGT land. It's called apparel enhancement here. I'm sure you're aware of it. ;)

Lesthanpar:
    Again, no logical reason to spend credits on equipment with the same specs

Well, I sell old and buy new when I like the design of the latest even if it has the same specs in comparison. Sort of eye candy thing, you know.

I really like(d) the look of Nike equipment by the way. Too bad they're history now...

Yes, I know about apparel enhancement. I get another 16 yards distance on my 3wood with the shirt. I was talking more about the phycological effect. Make it a lucky rabbit foot in your pocket instead. If you think and believe in your own mind it helps, then it does to some degree through the power of positive thinking.

I get buying equipment just for a different look if you have credits to spare and it may, just maybe perform slightly better even if only in the mind.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2022 2:21 PM

Lesthanpar:
    WGT offered to pay me and change my player profile so I make more putts if I said that lol.

:-)  I don't think either of us are good enough, or listened to enough, to be to get an offer.  I'm not massively disagreeing with you either.

Lesthanpar:
    Okay it only performs better if you think it will. The power of positive thinking kind of a thing. Kind of like if you wear your lucky red shirt then you score better. The shirt does nothing but in your mind if you think it does then it actually does!

That I think is the nail hit on the head, confidence is a wonderful thing.  It could also be used to explain a lot about what people think VEM is, better not go there though.

Still on putting but completely on a different track.  I looked at both our stat's (then concluded neither of us was getting a putter endorsing offer ;-) anytime soon) and wonder about something.  The following will seem like nonsense but I think it illustrates our stats are all messed up.

The percentage of putts made for each distance dosen't really change between rounds and ranked rounds (mine very slightly, yours not at all) except in the 10ft-25ft range where in both our cases it roughly doubles.  I then checked Mags stats and the difference is even greater.  Ours went from 5.05%-10.03% and 7.13% to 14.20%.

I really do think wgt are making our stat's even more meaningless than they were before but I better take it elsewhere as it'll be long.

• Lesthanpar
    1,482 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2023 12:30 AM

DodgyPutter:

Lesthanpar:
    WGT offered to pay me and change my player profile so I make more putts if I said that lol.

:-)  I don't think either of us are good enough, or listened to enough, to be to get an offer.  I'm not massively disagreeing with you either.

Lesthanpar:
    Okay it only performs better if you think it will. The power of positive thinking kind of a thing. Kind of like if you wear your lucky red shirt then you score better. The shirt does nothing but in your mind if you think it does then it actually does!

That I think is the nail hit on the head, confidence is a wonderful thing.  It could also be used to explain a lot about what people think VEM is, better not go there though.

Still on putting but completely on a different track.  I looked at both our stat's (then concluded neither of us was getting a putter endorsing offer ;-) anytime soon) and wonder about something.  The following will seem like nonsense but I think it illustrates our stats are all messed up.

The percentage of putts made for each distance dosen't really change between rounds and ranked rounds (mine very slightly, yours not at all) except in the 10ft-25ft range where in both our cases it roughly doubles.  I then checked Mags stats and the difference is even greater.  Ours went from 5.05%-10.03% and 7.13% to 14.20%.

I really do think wgt are making our stat's even more meaningless than they were before but I better take it elsewhere as it'll be long.

I have never been a good putter in this game. If you can't read and click the putts correctly which putter you use makes little difference anyway. I hear you on the stats, meaningless to me anyway. I have tried the different top putters but always seem to go back to the MAX. The MAX has something none of the other top putters have and that is the different scale increments. Except the golden one of course. I probably make a few more putts here and there with a better rated putter than the level 80 MAX, especially long ones but I still like the MAX better just because I am more used to it. Or has it gotten used to me? Another tin foil hat theory lol. One thing is certain though and that is I make far more putts with the special powers enhanced putting apparel on with any putter I am playing at the time. Peace love and joy, all the best for a good Happy New year!

• alosso
    21,052 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2023 12:27 AM

What you wanted to write:

Mike19781978:
    spending (400,000 cr) on a putter

I can't imagine anybody spending real money on this thing.

There are two independent voices on this putter, AFAIK.

One, a top earner, received it for a test, and failed to sing it's praise.

The other, with a German town in his name, bought it on a whim but replaced it with a "normal" putter later - voting by acting. Mind you it still sits in his inventory because he can't sell it back to them: it's not a club, by Pro Shop terms.

So, "quite good" may be said in summary, and, lacking a resell value, the price tag is random - the item has no real value, mainly serves as a Golden Calf of the Clashes.

• PAGES
RSS