Help › Forums

Question about Club Tourneys with Credits

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 12 2023 3:40 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ForeverHackin
    2,310 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2023 10:08 AM

Just a quick question here...I've set up a 3 round stroke play tourney and added credits to be won by the top three finishers...but so far, nobody has played the first round. Here comes the question:

If nobody plays, where do my credits go? Back to my account? or does WGT collect them all?

Yeah, sorry, that looks like three questions there. 

Sean

• blackridgenik
    106 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2023 12:57 PM

Play it yourself then your sure to get your credits back.

• alosso
    21,052 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2023 1:29 PM

I think that the company takes the credits when someone starts and there are less than three finishers.

If nobody starts, I assume that the credits go back to you - but no guarantee.

The best reaction would be to have three players finish...

• ForeverHackin
    2,310 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2023 1:51 AM

Thank you for your reply. After a few days of setting up the tourney, 3 people have suddenly hit the first round, so this has become a moot point. I guess we'll never know for sure! LOL

• bossbird
    2,223 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2023 10:28 AM

WGT does pay out 100% of the credits put up in a tournament when it is a free to enter tournament , not sure about fee to play tournaments because I have never made those . 

• ForeverHackin
    2,310 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2023 2:00 AM

blackridgenik:
    Play it yourself then your sure to get your credits back.

LOL....I thought about that, but being the top 3 get paid, I'll only get back a percentage of my original sum. Nothing to sneeze at, but in this case, I'm an all or nothing kinda guy. But thanks for the suggestion. 

• ForeverHackin
    2,310 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2023 2:01 AM

alosso:

I think that the company takes the credits when someone starts and there are less than three finishers.

If nobody starts, I assume that the credits go back to you - but no guarantee.

Thank you, alosso...that's the closest thing to an answer. 

It's funny, but somehow expected how everything after alosso's answer went sideways. I never asked about the payout rules or how ties are handled, yada, yada so now all the emails from this post are becoming a nuisance, forcing me to go back and opt out of my selection to email me replies. 

• bossbird
    2,223 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2023 4:22 AM

My response was clarifying that 100% is paid out in a tournament with a purse , not just 80% as stated by Pdb . 

• PAGES
RSS