Forums

Help › Forums

I wondered why hotels were so cheap !!

Sat, Feb 25 2023 9:47 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2023 11:10 AM

"According to the study, Dhaka, Bangladesh has the dirtiest air of any capital city in the world. Residents of Dhaka indirectly smoke the equivalent of 1,176 cigarettes a year due to poor air quality."

...looks like my second choice of Maui for a vacation may win out.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,638 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2023 12:49 PM

You worrying about the air quality there, CT? Now listen to this! LOL 

In my younger years, I had a chance to visit Dhaka for business purposes.

I always try out local food, you know... must-eat places where local people go, sort of gastroventure whenever I go to a foreign city/town.

I had the worst diarrhea of my whole life for the entire period of my sejourns there. I got into this series of vicious cycles as the more water I drank to prevent dehydration, the worse diarrhea got! In a word, it was just horrible!

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2023 1:03 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

I always try out local food, you know... must-eat places where local people go, sort of gastroventure whenever I go to a foreign city/town.

I had the worst diarrhea of my whole life for the entire period of my sejourns there. I got into this series of vicious cycles as the more water I drank to prevent dehydration, the worse diarrhea got! In a word, it was just horrible!

That does it then...A month long stay near a leper colony in Bangladesh is off my bucket list. I will have to settle for a 5 star resort in the Maldives, or perchance a south Pacific cruise....damn

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,638 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2023 1:19 PM

A month long stay anywhere in Bangladesh?? A BIG NO NO unless you can airlift food & water from home. LOL

The Maldives though, it'll be a heaven, CT! Not an endorsement or anything, but I definitely recommend Taj Exotica for sure. 👍

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2023 2:25 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

A month long stay anywhere in Bangladesh?? A BIG NO NO unless you can airlift food & water from home. LOL

The Maldives though, it'll be a heaven, CT! Not an endorsement or anything, but I definitely recommend Taj Exotica for sure. 👍

Thx for the tip, but it will have to remain a dream (given my veteran's pension and all). There is, however, a favorite watering hole that serves cold mugs of draft and ghost pepper wings ...$16.95 and that's about my budget...lol

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,638 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2023 2:53 PM

ct690911:
    Thx for the tip, but it will have to remain a dream (given my veteran's pension and all). There is, however, a favorite watering hole that serves cold mugs of draft and ghost pepper wings ...$16.95 and that's about my budget...lol

That's also cool, CT! :) It sounds like Peel Pub to me. Cheers, bud.

• callaghan159
    6,310 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2023 2:50 AM

ct690911:

SimonTheBeetle:

That does it then...A month long stay near a leper colony in Bangladesh is off my bucket list. I will have to settle for a 5 star resort in the Maldives, or perchance a south Pacific cruise....damn

Take the cruise ct...I am currently on a 18 day Caribbean cruise, on day 10 and only gained 5 lbs so far, lol. Need a beer just ask and they bring it to you. I don't even have to move my lazy jazz.,  but it's not free beer, you must pay.

• craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2023 3:40 AM

Relatives just back from the maldives . They loved it but nothing to do but be bored .

I am off to miami next week for a month . Just heard it has overtaken new york as the most expensive place in the world .

Credit card might take a beating .

• AlvaroGil1
    37 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2023 9:29 AM

It depends on your taste. Miami Seaquarium is not cheap but not expensive either. Eat Cuban sandwiches....and avoid night life.

• HenryKawa
    1,724 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2023 2:26 PM

I am leaving for Phoenix on Friday but it will take me 3 days to get there by car.   If anyone is around Phoenix I would like to meet up for a coffee or beverage.  Let me know if anyone in the area has some spare time to meet up.   Always nice to meet WGT people in person.  I will even buy.  lol.    See you soon.  Henry.

• PAGES
RSS