Forums

Help › Forums

Real Golf

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 27 2011 11:44 PM (5 replies)
  • luckysump
    638 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2011 6:52 AM

There are times when i wish i played real golf, but i don't,  i can't so know point crying about it. I think it would help,  for example,  Shot Slection, Playing out of the Rough and the Sand and understanding Spin and so much more i've forgotten or don't know.  Playing real Golf,  It helps i think,   Am i right or is it just me ?.

Lucky

• Pauldiandalo
    26 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2011 12:18 PM

i've never played this crappy sport for real..damn green fees are bloody prohibictive here haha ; about 120 euros for 18 holes..

Thanks Wgt for let me play this wonderful,addictive like opium,game..

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2011 12:55 PM

Lol...I play this game for real...and, without bragging too much...am pretty damn good (by everyday man on the street standards).  I once shot a 66..from the back tees..at Kapalua which hosts the PGA opening event each year.  I play to a 3 handicap....but, I'll tell you...there is no relationship between this game and the game of golf when it comes to understanding spin, ball flight, reaction of the ball from the "fescue", etc.  Yet to see 54's and such on the telly....  I can tell you however, that while on a real course, I have caught myself thinking about my "swing meter" when being faced with a 65 yard approach....thinking about how much backspin to use, and how far back to take it...and then I wake up and realize that I can't use a finger click...have a little pop up sign that says  "excellent"...and then watch the Cally's do their little dance.  I also find that the walk between holes is much shorter here than most courses...and that it's much more effective when you cough during someone's backswing on a real course...than it is here. But then again, I've never caught a friend attempting to use a "foot wedge" on here....like I have when there's been a few pints on the line....lol

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2011 1:13 PM

The "foot wedge" God do i wish the Pro Shop had them, I'd buy them all......lol

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2011 5:17 PM

Ducati916:
    I can tell you however, that while on a real course, I have caught myself thinking about my "swing meter" when being faced with a 65 yard approach

LMAO!!!,   same here.... a few times here recently on a day that I was driving fairly well, when I had a few that I either pulled or pushed really bad I would say !@#$%^ing meter, or dam,,,,late/early click. 

The look on my playing partners faces is priceless!!!   Like what the heck does that mean,  they say lol.

Most are computer dumb so I don't even try to explain it.

• Phaxda
    145 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 11:44 PM

I am probably one of the word's very worst real golfers because I hate the practice putting greens and the driving range. Always just want to get out there and play already and I have to say that playing this game online and Links Pro before it has really helped out my real "game" (if you can even call it that).

Vice-versa as well, I think game management is the best way to shoot low whether you're clicking the mouse or inflicting horrible unweildly, nay embarassing, swings on a poor ball at the local public course. Knowing my limits has saved a few strokes on both the computer and up at Tilden Park. If you're ever there and hear/see a guy screaming "duck!" after hitting  with a swing that appears to be controlled by a drunken puppetmaster, that's me.

Oh, and you might want to duck.

RSS