Forums

Help › Forums

why am I required to reset game settings daily now?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 22 2011 4:42 PM (8 replies)
  • pullinup
    108 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2011 8:54 AM

and why wont the putting grid stay on as I draw back the putter as it did before?

this is really hackin me off.

& everytime i log on now I gotta hear that mindless wgt zombie play music.

even if Ive already turned that crap off 10 times before, each time saving the new setting ?

• drewsterinone
    190 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2011 9:42 AM

It's more about saving your brower's websites settings!

Not really sure how to do this, but thats what im guessing it may be

GL

DREW

• Ffudd
    2,541 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2011 9:58 AM

Yup there should be an option in your browser options to "clear cookies and other plug in data" when you close your browser - exact wording will depend which browser you use.

If that is ticked it might improve your meter slightly but it will delete all your WGT preferences every time you close your browser.

As for the putting grid, I think it has always disappeared when you start to take your shot.

EDIT.  Sorry YJ is right - you can force the grid to stay on from the options menu until you actually strike the ball.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2011 11:07 AM

It sounds like your cookies are getting deleted like Ffudd pointed out but they have absolutely zero to do with your game. It's just the info you want the game to save, like your settings, log in name and password.  Clearing caches after every play can increase your loading times too,  as the files would have to be reloaded every time you play. 

The putting grid is part of the game options. You have to scroll down the first page to see it. When you clear your Flash cache these settings default to the original setting and you have to reset them to what you want. You shouldn't have to do this unless you clear your Flash cache.

• pullinup
    108 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2011 12:32 PM

thx jim, yep scroll down to it is correct.

• pullinup
    108 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2011 2:21 PM

So ... that solved the grid, but I still have the other problems.

every time I come on to play I find all my settings changed to default.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2011 2:42 PM

In your browser menu there is an options page. Find it and make sure a box similar to this is not checked.  Clear history and cookies at exit. That is for Comodo Dragon.

Clear cookies and other site and plug-in data when I close my browser. That is for Chrome. If it is checked every time you close your browser the browser automatically clears both your browser and flash cache. Clearing flash cache resets everything to the default settings. Uncheck them and you should have no more trouble. Every browser has similar settings so you should be able to change it if you are using another browser.

• Ffudd
    2,541 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2011 4:31 PM

Also check your Flash settings in the Global Storage Settings panel is set to 100KB and "Allow 3rd party Flash content to store data" is ticked.

You should see some entries listed in the Website Storage Settings panel if everything is set correctly and they should still be there after you close and re-open your browser.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2011 4:42 PM

In Chrome this is what mine looks like and only does this when I say to.

RSS