Help › Forums

staylor made satin pro wedge

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 21 2009 12:44 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2009 2:26 AM

staylor made satin pro wedge is there a secret to these irons as ive landed in the same bunker tree times right distance three different results lies were the same. 1st shot was good 2nd shot yards short 3rd yards long as from this practice will get me nowhere can somebody help thx

gg chippy

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2009 8:21 AM
    I had that wedge and gave up on it as it never reached advertused distances, I am now back to my Ping wedge which is more consistant.
  • chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2009 1:20 PM

thx duff  didnt want to hear that, its true the truth does hurt lol

thx duffer66 merry xmas to you and your family

chippy

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2009 2:39 PM

Wait a second chippy. I have all satin wedges and they all kill. Maybe I can help you. Which ones do you have and how do you use them?

YJ

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2009 2:57 PM

thx jim that what i wanted to here ive got 54,56,60 ive been useing full swing  to get out of bunkers and rough think pit ch is better option thuogh to be honest im going to do some more practice and ill get back to you thxheaps ill take some notes so i can give you more detail thx mate and merry cristmas to you and your family

gg chippy

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2009 4:56 PM

Try practicing this. Flop out of traps and chip from rough. When chipping from rough don't swing less than 75%. Trust the yardage on the scale and take the full swing. Use backspin from all lies to slow it down or speed it up with topspin. My 60w chips 11 yds and is very useful off the green when 7-12 yds away.

Pitches will run after you land so start out by hitting short. My 77w punches 63 yds but runs to 65-66, depending on the green. It's definitely a touch type shot. I prefer hitting high and stopping. The satin 64 wedge is fabulous around the fringe, especially flopping it. 

Flopping out of traps close to the green works really well once you learn what yours does. The different lies affect the distance. For instance, my 77w flops 20 yds out of a 30-40 lie in a trap, roughly. You won't hole many out but you'll get up and down in 2.

Lastly, you can map your wedges by looking at the golfer's club during a swing. When you hold the full swing position watch what happens when you decrease the power-the club moves 1 step at a time. Figure out what that move means in yards. One move for me is about 3-4 yds so my 98w goes about 94 if I back off the power 1 step.

Have fun with your new wedges!  :)

YJ

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2009 5:25 PM

thx yj trying to flop but miss the ding and ball doesnt move  have you had this

was ready go -3 hit bunker tried flop quad bogey it wont hit the ball frustrated as chippy

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2009 5:50 PM

yj don`t worry i cant ding the meter consistantly enough sell wedges im over it games to frustrating u grt greens with dots at same speed react different every time i take notes nothing about game is making sense at the moment think today will be my last for some time i can sub par with wgt clubs easier than the new ones dont get me wrong i dont want clubs to play for me but big drives dont help when short game is so inconsistant

thx for trying to help charlie

PS cheat on utube stops meter on the ding every time it explains heaps to me

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 6:18 AM

If you want to spend $10.00 a month on some thing that doesn't really work and  you cannot cash out credits go ahead

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 8:00 AM

Soulcatcher:
    If you want to spend $10.00 a month on some thing that doesn't really work and  you cannot cash out credits go ahead

Thanks for sharing that Soulcatcher.I was almost believing that junk,not that I wanted to use it, but was thinking it'd be impossible to beat someone using that cheat.

P.S.   I had the same trouble when I first got the Satins but Yankee Jim helped me out with the proper use of the clubs.Don't give up on them yet,they are some pretty good wedges.

• PAGES
RSS