Forums

Help › Forums

New Player Here!!!

Tue, Jan 17 2012 8:09 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • golfgal99
    1 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2011 12:28 AM

Hi, my name is Jenny and I am a new member here! :) I very much enjoy golf in real life and my favorite golfers are paula creamer and fred couples. I stumbled across this game about 30 mins ago, and it looks super fun, so I thought what the hey, I'll give it a try!

Any tips on strategy and equipment would be much appreciated as I struggled mightily during the initial 3 hole practice session. :(  

Also, what are the advantages of CC's? I've only been a member for like 10 mins and I've already gotten a random invite...lol

Anyway, just wanted to say hello. This looks like it could be very fun as the weather is getting colder outside and it's a hassle to play real golf. :(

• Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2011 1:44 AM

Yup, it's a pretty awesome game...You shall soon be addicted.

The tutorials help a lot for getting all the basics straight. Can't go wrong with having a look at some of them...especially the putting ones.

Playing with other players is the best way to learn in my opinion. Helped me when I first started.

Otherwise, it's just practice hey...With everything you get better the more you do it.

The gear will be pretty limited at your current Tier...But the more you level up the more advanced, appealing, tricky and rewarding the clubs and balls get.

CC's are good fun too...Find one that appeals to you...Make a few mates and enjoy the in-house tournaments.

Have fun.

Tim

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2011 7:58 AM

welcome, to the best golf game made....patience,and putting is a must ...make friends choose them carefuly....and most importent dont let a verry fews  idiots get to you,,some see a new member (girl) and something in there brain brings them back to stone age, you play 20 players here you will find 19 gents,dont let the one ruined for the rest of us ....have fun ,dont take it to seriusly,thats hard LOL.....(Francois )  

• davejean
    8 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 2:22 AM

The secret is, you meet friends, don't get too serious, enjoy chatting whilst playing and improve your game in doing so. You also meet interesting people worldwide.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 10:07 AM

I have some envy of you. You are about to embark a most wonderful journey. Welcome, and enjoy a great adventure.

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 12:54 PM

Hey Jenny, All the advice above applies. Play lots of practice rounds and read the forums for lots of tips on putting , and your short game. As in real golf, drive for show putt for the .... I am sure you know the that old cliche,It's true here also. Have fun and happy hitten.

• davejean
    8 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 1:10 PM

thanks i hope we can play a round one day

• Centor66
    2 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 7:18 PM

Hi, I'm a first timer, my name is Luc, nice to meet you :)

• holeinone657
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jan 14 2012 4:19 PM

hello my name is paddy im new here aswell its an amazing game love it hope to see you soon on the green x

• PAGES
RSS