Forums

Help › Forums

Burner 2.0 Iron Set (Graphite)

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 2 2011 3:22 PM (2 replies)
  • Tubrod
    7 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2011 1:34 AM

I recently purchased a set of Burner 2.0. I chose them for the extra distance over the WGT Starters, the extra precision and a huge increase in spin over the Starters. Having played several rounds with them I have gone back to the Starters. I presumed that extra spin would have been an improvement in stopping on the green, sadly the Starters stop much better on greens. I would presume this would be due to lower trajectory from the Burner. I also have major problems getting out of the 40-50 rough near greens, there is very little margin for error on hitting the |.
    The Burners have frustrated me to the point of going back to the Starters for better stopping and the ability to get out of the rough.
    Maybe I am doing something wrong! Any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers. 

• Dan55ATY
    37 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2011 7:16 AM

Your Burner 2.0 was a good choice. I also had difficulties to adapt to new clubs and new balls. So much, that it's now almost impossible for me to play with someting else than the Tour GI-S ball.

If you changed balls and irons almost at the same time, yes you will have difficulties.

Back to the clubs.   Before hitting, did you tried to move the dot on the ball (the ball on the down-right corner of screen) , as low as possible. Even if , one over five or six shot , the spin seems not to work with dot at maximum low.

... major problems getting out of the 40-50 rough  near greens  ....  You should look at buying new wedges over your actual standard.  Taylor Satin L14 at 110 cr. have better spin than Ping L18 at 110cr.     Find yourself a par3 hole, and go practice on rough, around the green.  While practicing, take time no write down your shot : lie , distance,  full or 3/4 or half swing ....

After every shot, use the putter with 150ft , max swing, in direction of fringe , it brings you back on rough, to chip or pitch again.

Dan.

• Tubrod
    7 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2011 3:22 PM

Thanks Dan, I am still using the free balls. A lot of practice, patience and more luck to hit the | is needed. :)

RSS