Forums

Help › Forums

Concede on green with Master ?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 7 2011 3:18 PM (9 replies)
  • Dan55ATY
    37 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 6:23 PM

I have been playing a game with a master and other level. When asked about concede during that game I have been confuse between 3 possibilities : 'your own judgment' , 2.5 feets and 2 feets.

When I play with  Pro, Tour-Pro and Amateur, it is usually a rule of 2 ft.  My question: within Master, what are the general rule(s) when, for example, both team are heading for par ?

Tks all.

• Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 6:47 PM

conceding is not compulsory, nor is there a recognised distance to concede at, it is up to the players involved. To this end, your concession of putts is up to you, or a consensus agreed to at the first hole. You will often find conceding distances will vary depending on the course, being played.

Higher level players still miss short putts on hard tourney greens.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 10:44 PM

Unless it's unmissable then don't concede.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2011 2:22 AM

Dan55ATY:

I have been playing a game with a master and other level. When asked about concede during that game I have been confuse between 3 possibilities : 'your own jugment' , 2.5 feets and 2 feets.

When I play with  Pro, Tour-Pro and Amateur, it is usually a rule of 2 ft.  My question: within Master, what are the general rule(s) when, for example, both team are heading for par ?

Tks all.

whatever you feels right to you.

-wgticon

• DuffyWaldorf
    286 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2011 8:05 AM

IRL short putts in Match Play are conceded quite often early in the match. Not letting your opponent take those putts early on, makes them that much harder to make later in the match.  If your both putting to halve the hole... it's a judgement call.  Mostly depends on the confidence of making your own putt.  OR by conceding they in turn will do the same.  There's a major mental aspect to Match Play.  It all takes experience and good judgement.  Here...CHAT early on and lay down some rules, if everyone agrees then stick to it.  Some are hard nosed on winning others are here to have fun.  Either way Enjoy and as always.

Happy Golfing

Joe

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2011 8:42 AM

Never a set length to give although a minimum of a few feet is preferred. Depends on how the match is playing out on each hole. I never discuss any putts being conceded. I may give you a 20 footer and I may also make you putt a two footer. Depends on which hole we're on and what the score is. 

• Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2011 10:48 AM

If it's at the 2nd at St Andrew's. You don't concede $%*&. 

;)

• Dan55ATY
    37 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2011 11:52 AM

I thank you all. Your answers come from experiences and I found a lot of good advices.

You all deserve one    

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2011 12:19 PM

Timbo1984:

If it's at the 2nd at St Andrew's. You don't concede $%*&. 

;)

LOL

• gatordee
    281 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2011 3:18 PM

I always take in concideration the person who is putting, the distance, but most of all, THE GREEN!! There are some 2 footers out there that are not gimmies. Also, how many strokes down and if the other player is conceeding at all. 

RSS