Forums

Help › Forums

recommend me a putter

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 5 2011 2:36 AM (7 replies)
  • j3lly
    3 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2011 10:14 AM

Currently using full set of starter clubs can reach the green's OK but struggle with putting.recommend me a putter.Thanks

• Kevinatro
    2 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2011 2:34 PM

spider or ghost spider

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2011 3:09 PM

Good Evening,

I too struggled with the basic putter before reading the forums and asking my friends what would be the best all around putter for the least amount of credits.

I finally purchased the Taylor Made Spider which is available to you even if your still a hack.

It's very forgiving BUT once you tier up to Pro you need to watch your speed on the greens due to the green speeds being faster. One suggestion from a friend of mine who is currently at Master level is to use the basic WGT balls which have a slower meter speed on the fast greens. I am currently trying to get use to the the faster green speeds myself and am back to making bogey shots instead of pars in almost all of the games I play.

Just takes time to getting use to that's all. And also with the right experience and game plays you should tier up to Pro if you have not already done so around and 80 score.

Hope this helps

Joe

• JJMagoo
    3 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2011 3:09 PM

The Starter putter is horrible.  The meter starts off slow then takes off like a rocket.  I'd rather putt with my Driver if I could.  I've read about the Beginner Putter being nice and slow but I guess they got rid of it for some reason.

• Reaytj
    114 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2011 3:17 PM

j3lly:

Currently using full set of starter clubs can reach the green's OK but struggle with putting.recommend me a putter.Thanks

The Level 35 Ghost would be great for your game at this time....Slow meter and nice forgiveness is a great upgrade over the starter putter.

• Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2011 10:36 PM

esssy:

j3lly:

try this putter its 400credits but worth it since your pro tier

Agreed.

And after that when you level up and tier up a bit more. Can't go wrong with the Daytona Rossa.

• j3lly
    3 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2011 2:36 AM

Thanks for the advice

RSS