Forums

Help › Forums

Firefly Showdown

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 23 2024 4:58 PM (2 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,218 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2024 9:09 AM

This is just an observation but it seems strange to me that in my showdown there are 13 players who have not bothered to play in the second round. I have never seen so many, often one or two who perhaps have been caught out or forgotten to play the last three holes, but  these thirteen haven played any holes in the qualifying round. Most bizarre ! 

• BlackBogey
    445 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2024 2:56 PM

bossbird:

This is just an observation but it seems strange to me that in my showdown there are 13 players who have not bothered to play in the second round. I have never seen so many, often one or two who perhaps have been caught out or forgotten to play the last three holes, but  these thirteen haven played any holes in the qualifying round. Most bizarre ! 

Timing seemed off to me.  I played the front 9 yesterday and was eliminated with 9 bogies today - barely 24 hours if that.

• MioKontic
    4,639 Posts
    Sun, Jun 23 2024 4:58 PM

Bossbird - because the 1st round lasts for 3 days, it can be very easy to forget to play the 2nd round if the 1st round was played on day 1 of 3.  But as you say, that is quite a large number; I think I've seen maybe half a dozen players at most.

BlackBogey - the 2nd round definitely lasted 2 days for me, are you sure you didn't play your first nine holes on the 2nd day of 2 by mistake?

RSS