Forums

Help › Forums

iPad head to head chat problems….

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 29 2024 3:36 PM (6 replies)
  • Maccam24
    8 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2024 7:33 PM

I have been unable to successfully use the chat feature in head to head matches using my iPad.  The chat field that you type in closes quickly on its own, and if I manage to type a sentence, it does not allow me to enter or send it as a message.

Anyone else experienced this with iPads?

• bossbird
    2,204 Posts
    Sun, Jun 23 2024 12:39 PM

No problems for me on iPad 

• BlackBogey
    350 Posts
    Sun, Jun 23 2024 1:21 PM

Maccam24:

I have been unable to successfully use the chat feature in head to head matches using my iPad.  The chat field that you type in closes quickly on its own, and if I manage to type a sentence, it does not allow me to enter or send it as a message.

Anyone else experienced this with iPads?

I don't have iPad, but do know that on PC/Android that the chat box only stays open for so long.  Once the game switches from your opponent to you, or hole is completed and the scorecard goes to load, etc.. the chat box will close.  So you have to be kind of quick about it.

• Maccam24
    8 Posts
    Sun, Jun 23 2024 6:17 PM

Maybe it is unique to me.   Guess i will try to delete the app and re-download it….    Thanks

• jhusjr
    25 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2024 7:43 AM

It will do this for me when I try to use my magic keyboard case.  

Look low left, there is a show keyboard option, it will bring it up on the screen.  You have to type in your keys on the screen, but it works for me.

• WGTShamWow
    913 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2024 5:46 PM

Its a known issue the Q/A team is looking into where iOS devices using an external keyboard aren't showing the option to send a message. Its also happening to players on Mac who downloaded the iPad version of the game instead of the Mac version. We hope to have this fixed soon but for the time being, use the on screen keyboard and disconnect your external keyboard and this should fix it. 

• Maccam24
    8 Posts
    Sat, Jun 29 2024 3:36 PM

Ok.  I am using an external keyboard.  Thanks for the info.

RSS