Forums

Help › Forums

When was the last time a new course was introduced?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 29 2024 11:14 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • rjteeithi
    678 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2024 4:23 PM

forever ago

• JDGHOST
    6,837 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2024 11:44 PM

It was in the summertime I believe 🤔...1984 July 7th midnight I remember!

• JDGHOST
    6,837 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2024 11:46 PM

It was in the summertime I believe 🤔...1984 July 7th midnight I remember! 

I also thought I saw something on Discord about new animations of the golfers the avatars they waggle the club on the tee etc....

• Imahacker58
    372 Posts
    Tue, Jun 25 2024 3:04 AM

PGA National a couple of years ago, apparently another is in the works and Nico promised some teasers on discord but not sure when.

• AlaskanDame
    19,211 Posts
    Tue, Jun 25 2024 11:08 AM

The new pin positions on Chambers, Pinehurst, and PGA (and I may be forgetting another) make those courses play differently, too.  Much appreciated.

• craigswan
    31,241 Posts
    Tue, Jun 25 2024 12:11 PM

There was a discussion on discord which to cut a long story short members made two suggestions .

1 -  Members sending in their best custom courses may be featured in tournaments .

2 - There could be changes to holes in the best of tournaments .

But they were only suggestions that wgtnico took onboard .

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Jun 25 2024 3:23 PM

craigswan:

1 - ...best custom courses...

2 - ...changes to holes...

These are nothing more than patchworks of the existing golf courses & holes. They cannot be considered a new course in any sense.

IMO, the most important thing is to fix all the bugs, glitches, and issues we've had for years before introducing or even attempting anything new. Each attempt so far has only created more problems along the way. This game could've been so much better than it currently is.

We've got what... 15 different courses to choose from right now? I can't speak for everybody here, but for me, it's more than enough.

• SamSpayed
    4,933 Posts
    Tue, Jun 25 2024 7:48 PM

Imahacker58:

PGA National a couple of years ago, apparently another is in the works and Nico promised some teasers on discord but not sure when.

I think what he said was that discussions between WGT and one or more candidates for new courses were underway.  It sounds like it's in the very early stages.

• craigswan
    31,241 Posts
    Wed, Jun 26 2024 2:12 AM
    Agree with simon on the 15 courses . I cannot conquer them all .
  • AceHoler26
    327 Posts
    Wed, Jun 26 2024 7:03 AM

I would like to see Cabo and Whistler come back.....they went bye bye when flash player went away.  However I have seen Cabo holes on the Best of Par 5.  So clearly those courses must still be accessible.

• PAGES
RSS