Forums

Help › Forums

COIN ROOM QUITTERS

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 28 2024 7:43 AM (4 replies)
  • callaghan159
    6,248 Posts
    Wed, Jun 26 2024 1:42 PM

This curious mind is wondering why someone would quit a coin room game on the their last putt of a 3 hole match. If they quit they get no apparel box but if they did their putt they would get their apparel box. Makes no sense to me. I'm confused, am I missing something? This has happened to me 4 times the last couple of days. Cheers

• BlackBogey
    347 Posts
    Wed, Jun 26 2024 3:49 PM

People do all kinds of amazing things don't they?  Same in a 3-hole Practice skins match.  Always amazes when people bail on the last hole because they can't "win".  I mean, you aren't winning or losing anything other than possibly pride.  All you are doing is losing the XP for completing the game and screwing your playing partners out of their extra XP (which is the only reason 90% of people do these in the first place).

• Mythanatos
    2,211 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2024 6:57 AM

callaghan159:

This curious mind is wondering why someone would quit a coin room game on the their last putt of a 3 hole match. If they quit they get no apparel box but if they did their putt they would get their apparel box. Makes no sense to me. I'm confused, am I missing something? This has happened to me 4 times the last couple of days. Cheers

I've done it. the losing box is only 1-3 points and no rares or epics. 

The only reason i do coin games is to chase epics.

there is another reason but i doubt very many do this.

at the start of the 30 minutes sponsor  i start a timer on my watch. If it's near the end and  im going to lose,  i glance at the timer and i still have enough time to make the next game I'll bail out to get in one more match. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,548 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2024 12:01 AM

I do not quit out of respect for myself and my opponent. If I really have to forfeit for whatever reason, I excuse myself beforehand unless the guy is a real a-hole.

↓ Exactly, Jay! 👍 ↓

• BlackBogey
    347 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2024 7:43 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

I do not quit out of respect for myself and my opponent. If I really have to forfeit for whatever reason, I excuse myself beforehand unless the guy is a real a-hole.

I'm pretty much 100% with this Simon.  I can see what #Mythanatos is saying, and I will quit every once in a blue moon, and I don't have a problem with someone doing that to me, as long as it's done correctly by selecting the "End Match" button from the in-game menu.  At least that way the winning side will get the coins and apparel box they deserve. 

The worst is someone who gets down a few strokes or knows on the last green they can't win so they just quit by exiting the entire app.  This just leaves the other party hanging in limbo, and many times they have to restart the app themselves and the game no longer exists, you get no coins or apparel, not to mention the sponsor time you've wasted and can't get back.

RSS