2,461 Posts
    Tue, Jul 23 2024 3:39 PM
    07.23.24 St Andrews Links: The Old Course, Full 18 Tour Legend 60

• conveyorguy
    784 Posts
    Tue, Jul 23 2024 3:55 PM

DATECOURSE/TOURNEYTIERSCORE
    07.23.24 St Andrews Links: The Old Course, Full 18 Champion 68
    Man alive, not playing for a couple weeks really messes with your putting lol...phewwww

• SamSpayed
    4,992 Posts
    Tue, Jul 23 2024 7:41 PM

MioKontic:

Having seen the posts from RoggRR and kelsp/TdotDoba, I was wondering whether next year either this tournament is renamed or a new tournament set up, to commemorate all those that have passed away during our time here.  Maybe call it The WGT Memorial, with the names of those being remembered included on the banner in the opening post.

Thoughts?

I love that idea

• Nativa1
    51 Posts
    Tue, Jul 23 2024 9:28 PM
    07.24.24 St Andrews Links: The Old Course, Full 18 Champion 58
  • TomCarioca
    320 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2024 1:40 AM

RoggRR:

MioKontic:

Having seen the posts from RoggRR and kelsp/TdotDoba, I was wondering whether next year either this tournament is renamed or a new tournament set up, to commemorate all those that have passed away during our time here.  Maybe call it The WGT Memorial, with the names of those being remembered included on the banner in the opening post.

Thoughts?

I think The Andyson Memorial Tournament is the 1st that kind on wgt. Do not change the name, please. Over the years i lost some of my friends (they were taken by sudden stroke, car accident, etc) and i never gonna erase them from my friend list. Suppose, everyone of us do the same.

So, my suggestion is to make a post in The Andyson Memorial Tournament thread. That would be the 2nd post (below introducing post, as the 1st post is in this thread). In 2nd post we can put the names of our passed friends, we will suggest you the names and you will do the list. During the sign up time people can suggest some more names. The next year you will just copy 2nd post in new memorial tourney tread

I agree to RoggRR.  The Andyson Memorial already stands for itself. Adding the Memorial wall here in the thread is a great idea!

• borntobesting
    9,676 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2024 3:50 AM
    07.24.24 St Andrews Links: The Old Course, Full 18 Tour Champion 65

• travott74
    11 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2024 4:01 AM

07.24.24 St Andrews Links: The Old Course, Full 18 Tour Legend 65
  • travott74
    11 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2024 4:03 AM

07.24.24 St Andrews Links: The Old Course, Full 18 Tour Legend 65
  • Allqvie
    300 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2024 4:32 AM

Hi, glad and honoured to take part for another year.

Myself and Ididys first round 18holer at the Old Course:

Cheers, Freddie

• TdotDoba
    2,250 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2024 6:28 AM

kelsp:

After speaking with Dotty, I am adding a few names of some great people on WGT whom we lost:

Achtbaan(Bert) : Great guy from the Netherlands, we lost him 1.5+ years ago

Glenfruin(Davy): From Scotland: a great friend to many(and many more) who helped many people quietly. He had his demons but was a gem before the demons got him.

Thanks Dotty.

- kp

Hi Kp,

Wrong thread or right doesn't matter, I will add Glenfruin to the honor roll on "2024 CEverett & Remembered WGT friends Memorial Alt-Shot World Championship"  As per our discussion.

We have expanded the CEverett tournament to include all of our remembered friends.

If any player that has lost a WGT friend who has passed, please feel free to add them to that thread or contact me on discord or wgt and they will be on included on the honor roll

Cheers,

Dotty

RSS