Forums

Help › Forums

2024 Andyson Memorial

Wed, Sep 18 2024 11:33 AM (755 replies)
  • BlackBogey
    463 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2024 3:09 PM

TomCarioca:

Hola Luis,  yeah thats what I noticed earlier today.

Not sure if he is fully banned in WGT or just in Forums.

Can anybody tell what happened? Will the tourney be continued?

He is currently banned or suspended from posting to the forums, I guess for violating T&C and several warnings.  I don't know any other details other than from this thread on Discord: 

https://discord.com/channels/940402253389496381/943209531503153172/1268247345536172074 

I'm not sure if this is just a suspension and he'll be back around later to post updates, or if he can still send PMs.  He seemed to be delivering messages through HamdenPro earlier so maybe he will continue with that?  

He did tell me in a personal message a few days ago that for the pairings for the Match Play portion that the winners of each match will advance to play the winner of the other pairing in their little "mini" group.  (i.e. I won my match vs. Beermoose60 and JerseyJake72 won against JMH1 so we will now play each other in the next round).  After that I would guess that you would advance to the winners of the next pairing by grouping of 4 (i.e. the winner of me v JerseyJake72 would take on the winner of the coachzorm v pmm711/TomCarioca v Tiffany1968 matches.

coachzorm   v   pmm711
              TomCarioca   v   Tiffany1968   2&1

BlackBogey   v   Beermoose60   2&1
              jerseyjake72   v   JMH1   4&3

That would take us through September 1st and hopefully more clarity will be know before then.  For now I'd recommend just playing your next match and posting the score.  For the Stroke play same thing, play your rounds by the due dates and post your scores, and if you beat the cut line go ahead and continue to the next round.

• TomCarioca
    324 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2024 3:27 PM

Thanks for your response!

Hope it will not be a permanent ban. Mio did a great job here!

• wleiss
    6,407 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2024 3:46 PM
    08.02.24 Bethpage Black, Full 18 Champion 59
  • pmm711
    5,640 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2024 1:24 AM

BlackBogey:

He did tell me in a personal message a few days ago that for the pairings for the Match Play portion that the winners of each match will advance to play the winner of the other pairing in their little "mini" group.  (i.e. I won my match vs. Beermoose60 and JerseyJake72 won against JMH1 so we will now play each other in the next round).  After that I would guess that you would advance to the winners of the next pairing by grouping of 4 (i.e. the winner of me v JerseyJake72 would take on the winner of the coachzorm v pmm711/TomCarioca v Tiffany1968 matches.

coachzorm   v   pmm711
              TomCarioca   v   Tiffany1968   2&1

BlackBogey   v   Beermoose60   2&1
              jerseyjake72   v   JMH1   4&3

That would take us through September 1st and hopefully more clarity will be know before then.  For now I'd recommend just playing your next match and posting the score.  For the Stroke play same thing, play your rounds by the due dates and post your scores, and if you beat the cut line go ahead and continue to the next round.

pmm711 2&1 over coachzorm 

Coach and I had a fun match.  I went 2UP after the first 2 holes due to me sticking my first two approaches.  Coach got the match to 1UP with a superb birdie late on the F9.  I got the match back to 2UP after the 12th hole but Coach made some stellar approaches and we were AS going into 16.  It stayed that way until 18 where I got flashers on my approach and birdied while Coach fell off the green to the left on his approach but almost made his chip back up.  Enjoyed meeting Coach and battling until the end.  Great match!

• JDGHOST
    6,886 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2024 1:41 AM

BlackBogey:
    He is currently banned or suspended from posting to the forums, I guess for violating T&C and several warnings.  I don't know any other details other than from this thread on Discord:

I have a few thoughts?

1. So if he's banned here in the forum ...what's keeping him from using Discord to post results and any other pertinent information? I'm pretty sure WGT can't ban someone from Discord?

2. If help is needed I'm sure some of us can pitch in with reposting adjusted winners in match play and leaderboard (or advancers) in the stroke play?

EXAMPLE I've reposted the match play as the "GREEN" color for the winners did not come over with copy paste I added a "WIN" next to the appropriate names (if I made any errors please don't hesitate to point them out) I did this as I noticed my match result was not being updated....I DO NOT mean to step on any toes and if I'm outta line my apologies Just trying to help out I don't mind keeping up on the match play side of this event if needed till Mio gets things sorted with the powers that be? Also a ❓ means I didn't see a result posted

1st round draw (to be played by 4th August):

TutaCandraP WINv   drmoose   6&5
              donarsky61   v   hokeypokey300  WIN 2&1

RoggRR   v   kasia1967   WIN 1UP
              Beryman   v   JDGHOST WIN 5&4

coachzorm   v   pmm711 WIN   2&1
              TomCarioca  WIN  v   Tiffany1968   2&1

BlackBogey  WIN  v   Beermoose60   2&1
              jerseyjake72  WIN  v   JMH1   4&3

doran908   v   gtorrealba   WIN 3&2
              WildCoast    WIN v   TdotDoba   2&1

Richie937   v   davidipadel WIN
              1001jrjr WIN   v   OptionSnipa   1 UP

dandycap   v   MissyLynn77    WIN  4&2
              PinSeeker221  WIN v   garyk49   3&2

donkey8798   v   kelsp  WIN 6&5
              TSOULARA   WIN v   conveyorguy   6&5

ChrisMason4  v     bowdaddy2                                                                                           Nativa1 WIN  v   jed64s   4&3

chookie15   v   Ididy                        ❓
              KARTIKAYAN   v   DufferJohn7  WIN 3&2

jefftodd70 WIN  v   HamdenPro  3 UP
              QputtsWIN   v   pecanvalley        2 UP

Connorjwebb123    WIN v   benson179  
              Modernist   v   amateur4sure WIN       

KenBTEXAS    WIN v   Rossembo   7&6
              Allqvie WIN  v   Billy26201

muskeyfish1234   v   SBrinkSenior WIN  7&6
              MHouse6654  WIN v   Bowl64   5&4

bencat  WIN  v   carlosdev   1up
              travott74  WINv   Slimjim001   3&2

IpswichTaffy   v   BILLNPATTY     ❓
              ibprime WIN v   AnaNikolaj   2&1

• TomCarioca
    324 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2024 2:56 AM

JDGHOST:

1. So if he's banned here in the forum ...what's keeping him from using Discord to post results and any other pertinent information? I'm pretty sure WGT can't ban someone from Discord?

Good idea, yet I can't find Mio on Discord. And honestly - what would happen to our own motivation to organize a tournament for the WGT community after being banned from WGT?

So unless

- HamdenPro steps in again or

- WGT revise their decision or

- someone else takes the helm,

I don't have much hope that this great tournament format will live on...

• kelsp
    2,220 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2024 3:11 AM

I played Bethpage(no apparel) with Travott74, I scored a 55 and he scored a 60

Thanks, kp

[View:https://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:999:0]

[View:https://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:999:0]

Travott74

08.03.24 Bethpage Black, Full 18 Tour Legend 60

Kelsp

08.03.24 Bethpage Black, Full 18 Tour Champion 55
  • JDGHOST
    6,886 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2024 3:59 AM

TomCarioca:
    And honestly - what would happen to our own motivation to organize a tournament for the WGT community after being banned from WGT?

Good Point I didn't realize he was fully "Banned" I thought he was banned  (put on heavy moderation I should say) from the forum only... I didn't realize he was deactivated? 

Well.... I will stay on the Match Play best I can until I'm told otherwise? 

• WildCoast
    468 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2024 4:26 AM

Bethpage Full 18 no apparel

07.26.24 Bethpage Black, Full 18 Tour Champion 58

• davidipadel
    51 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2024 4:42 AM

Round 1 RSG davidipadel win vs Richie937

Great macth!!

ty

RSS