Forums

Help › Forums

2024 Andyson Memorial

Wed, Sep 18 2024 11:33 AM (755 replies)
  • BlackBogey
    463 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2024 6:38 AM

HamdenPro:

P.S. I also would like to add, Mio does not mind posting scores on someone else's behalf. It can make it easier than having to go back through many pages to find scores.

Glad Mio has changed his mind and is back to take over. 

Posting scores on behalf of someone else actually makes it more difficult to go back and look up peoples' scores.  If every person posts for themselves, all you have to do is scan through each page looking for that person's username.  If you don't post, and someone posts on your behalf, now I have to (had to) go back through the same amount of pages as I would have in the first place, but this time actually read completely through every single post to see if that person's name is embedded in someone else's post. 

That's one reason I quit doing the Page 1 updates, I repeatedly asked for this not to happen and yet it did, even from someone who was supposed to be "helping" me.  I actually messaged the "helper" and mentioned that they were not helping, but actually making it more time consuming, and their reply was that "the player was on holiday so couldn't post".  After further investigation I discovered that this person had not posted a single round for themselves for any of the 6 rounds up to that point and the "helper" had posted all of that player's scores.  That's where I threw in the towel and let the helper take over, and withdrew from the event.

Then again there are several things I'd do differently scoring wise if I was setting this up, but since I was just trying to fill a void by keeping the Page 1 Stroke Play updated not really my place to say. 

Once again, glad to have you back Mio.  If you need any help or would like my most recent spreadsheet updates just hit me up on Discord.

Jay

• sirbiffo
    890 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2024 9:22 AM
    09.06.24 Wolf Creek Golf Club, Full 18 Tour Champion 58
  • kasia1967
    1,391 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2024 9:27 AM

That Helper was me BTW  everyone ..And having chatted with Mio directly said it was all ok for to post on behalf of other players, same  as if 4 were playing together which at times as been its better in one post not separate individuals  ,  ..Regarding Billy26201     still away on holiday and the reason i help it saves going through moderation pending this can take 1/2 days before verified  to come through .All i ever did was help is this wrong and looking out for the community on Mios  abscence to keep this wonderful tourney alive ..
    Thank you for those who sent me nice comments  for reminding to play and the job i was doing .
    Welcome back Mio glad your back to see this special event through to the finish . 

• JDGHOST
    6,886 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2024 12:27 PM

Welcome Back Mio!

I was wondering if  you received the gift I sent you while you were on the "inside"? 

;

I hope it helped expedite you return to the game my friend!

• rafy54
    1,254 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2024 12:58 PM

Glad to have you back Mio, let us celebrate with a stressless round (for once) 

09.06.24 Wolf Creek Golf Club, Full 18 Champion 55
  • bencat
    523 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2024 1:19 PM

Matchplay at Torrey Pines

SBrinkSenior wins on the 1st extra hole over Bencat

We wore the heartbeat out both shooting 59 for the 18 holes. I was 1up on 18th tee but Steve made an eagle to square the match and then holed the longest putt of the match to win on the 19th.

Well played Steve, good luck with the two remaining rounds

• SBrinkSenior
    508 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2024 1:24 PM

It was truely an honour to play with such a brilliant player....it was awesome fun and Ben was a pleasure to play with and great company.

Thank you Ben

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2024 5:09 PM

overtheedge:
    There is nothing more enjoyable and memorable than playing the andyson Memorial, especially with players I haven't talked to in a long time. It seems like 100 years ago I was ALWAYS in the forums. Some days I would spend more time in the forums then actually playing golf,lol.

You weren't the only one!  And Andyson was one of the reasons we spent so much time in here (along with YancyCan, LizzieRossetti, StrangeMagic, Dr Jedi aka Priestess, and a few others), hence why we want to keep this memorial tournament going as long as possible.  Many of his posts were incredibly funny, but he was also very talented when it came to IT stuff, and like you say, he helped many people many times over.

There may come a time when none of those playing in the tournament actually knew Andyson, but that doesn't mean the tournament can't live on.

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2024 6:00 PM

The Strokeplay Survivor post on page 1 is now up-to-date.  I hope to update the Matchlay post tomorrow (Saturday), or rather later today as it's now 2am!

• RoggRR
    624 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2024 9:25 PM
    09.07.24 Wolf Creek Golf Club, Full 18 Tour Legend 63

welcome back Mio   

RSS