Help › Forums

CTTH MASTER TIER RANKING-FATE UNKNOWN

Wed, Jun 12 2013 11:37 PM (49 replies)
  • donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2009 5:22 AM

THE TOP TWENTY SKILL CHALLENGE COMPETITORS OF WGT

THROUGH WK. 13

My current work situation requires me to put a hold on this ranking... i will continue to tally weekly scores to keep track and i will see if i can squeeze it into my weekend schedule ...  i regret any inconvenience that causes anyone ...

UPDATE: 4/17/2010

After two weeks of consideration i've found it impossible to find time in my schedule for the necessary work involved to keep this ranking.. i wish it were not so ...

don

The player's names that you see have been awarded points as follows ... a first place finisher in any weekly CTTH skill challenge tournament  has been and will be awarded 20 points and the 2nd place finisher will receive 19 points on down to the 20th place finisher who will receive one point ...to get into the ranking, a top twenty finish is required to earn points

This is a cumulative ranking with player point totals accumulating from each skill challenge tournament in which they place in the top twenty ... only the top twenty total points holders will appear on the 2010 leaderboard but i will be keeping a record of all top twenty finishers in every event to ensure that the record is correct ...

Sweepstakes skill challenge competitions and monthly CTTH tournaments are not included ... only those weekly skill challenge competitions in which the players can earn credits ...

DISCLAIMER: No prizes are associated with this ranking and it is not sponsored by and/or affiliated with WGT in any form or fashion ...

NOTICE: Any inquiries about the rankings or a players standings can be left either in this thread or posted directly to my wall ... i have automatic email notification so i'll see them when i go online whether or not i log into WGT ...

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2009 6:59 AM

Very nice Don!  Always glad to see someone appreciate this often forgotten side of the game.

I'm claiming the 2009 CTTH crown, with 32 top 5 finishes in the weekly CTTH's, including 19 wins :)

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2009 7:05 AM

Those will be fun statistics to watch.  

I think tibbets makes good comment about this "sometimes forgotten" aspect of WGT.  It's where everyone BEGINS when you first find WGT - and I think some feel like they have "graduated beyond" the CTTHes - which is a shame.   I play them every week because I like the challenge of "bettering my number" every time (stuck around 164 on the current St Andrews challenge.

I'm not going to advertise for myself by putting an actual link here BUT I recently put a thread in "Product Suggestions" about the idea of possibly having a similar weekly CTTH with 9 PUTTING challenges (discussed at length in that thread - go look if interested).

Alot of newer WGT members pull the trigger and sign up (register) after playing some CTTHes yet they have never putted - so the putting is always weak and in need of development with emerging Hacks and Amateurs as they rise - they simply have not DONE ANY if they have played CTTHes for some weeks before getting into the full site and stroke play.  A Putting CTTH would be fun for us as existing members AND ALSO allow some newer players "putting practice" similar to the way they first cut their WGT with the approach shots on the current CTTHes.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas from AtlantaCoaster

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2009 9:19 AM

The CTTH has been a great friend. It will make anyone a better player, especially in the mental part of becoming a complete WGT golfer. 

A putting challange is a spectacular suggestion I hope comes to fruition. Can you imagine 9 putting scenes that make the green at BPB #15 seem to be a truly level pool table? Gotta love the idea. 

Better still, is the format, my good friend, Donsprintr has decided to develop. He is a gentleman of the very first order, a true sportsman, very fun, and is in fact a genuine Master of our game. He has also given me a reason to return to playing CTTH again. Something I have avoided because of time.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 5:04 AM

Thanks all for your gracious comments ... thought it was something i could do for the community while providing a little recognition for something and some people that had been overlooked ... i may even break down the results quarterly with a grand champion at the end of the year. Stay tuned ...

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 5:12 AM

tibbets:

I'm claiming the 2009 CTTH crown, with 32 top 5 finishes in the weekly CTTH's, including 19 wins :)

Done ... and a stellar accomplishment it was senor .... (not bad for a ghost) ...

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 5:17 AM

AtlantaCoaster:

I'm not going to advertise for myself by putting an actual link here BUT I recently put a thread in "Product Suggestions" about the idea of possibly having a similar weekly CTTH with 9 PUTTING challenges (discussed at length in that thread - go look if interested).

Oh i don't mind the link ... i think a 9 hole CTTH putting challenge is great ... now if we can just convince admin of that ...

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 5:21 AM

SweetiePie:

He has also given me a reason to return to playing CTTH again. Something I have avoided because of time.

Well it's about  time ... lol ...

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 12:49 PM

Beginning monday will be the first listing so watch for your name and ranking ...

Happy new year ...

don

• Kosei82
    144 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 4:15 PM

Great idea Don...i always forget to keep up w/ those but this will keep the intrest

RSS