RED HOT Showdown - Bounty (Closed)

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 18 2024 9:39 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MuzzySmeller
    10 Posts
    Wed, Aug 14 2024 6:26 AM

Hi,

This has happened to me twice. The first time on the gold medal showdown round 2. I took a gimme to go -5 on the 8th hole of 9. The par 3 17th on pebble beach. The game froze when I took the gimme, went to the holding screen and and timed out the opposing player. On the freeze screen it said St Andrews. I closed and reopened the game a few times (I'm a mobile player) but the course didn't reload. it just showed the player vs player screen and the course as St Andrews. I ended up forfeiting after 20 mins and it gave my final 2 holes as bogeys and my final round score as -2 under. Luckily I scraped through to the final round still JUST inside the top 50 players.

The more recent occasion the same thing happened was playing the first round of the Red Hot Showdown on Tuesday 13th August at around 12.15pm UK times. The details of this are below:

Your Username: Muzzy Smeller
    Opponent Username: GBUDLEY73
    Time and Date issue occurred (including timezone): 13.08.24 Circa 12.15pm UK time
    Course and Hole: I can't remember TBH it took me buy surprise. It wasn't the St Andrews Course though.
    Round/Game/Hole (ex. Round 1, Game 3, Hole2): Round 1, Red Hot Showdown, 1st hole (I can't remember the course or hole)
    Whos turn was it: My opponents
    Your Score/Opponents Score when this happened: It was my opponents first shot on the first hole of the Red Hot Showdown round one.
    Events leading up to when the issue happened: My opponent seemed to forfeit perhaps because they were playing a legend or their game. froze/crashed?

What happened when the issue occurred: It showed the player vs player screen as per the screenshot I e-mailed. It showed the course we'd been playing as St Andrews but it hadn't been.

The disc sign kept spinning as the screen had frozen. I closed and re-opened the game on my mobile phone several times but it kept loading up the frozen player vs player screen.

What did you do in response to this issue: In the end I had to exit, forfeiting the hole. However this didn't register and I was able to start holes 1-3 of the showdown again as if I'd never entered before.

Additional Info/Weird Observations: I took a screenshot this time, as I felt my competition was over before it had started and it was the second time it had happened to me so was looking like a more regular problem going forward.

Screenshots sent to Members@worldgolftour.com (Subject: "Bounty (Username)" (Y/N)Yes

Could you give me a maxed out Epic Swing Edge Hat when verified?

I hope this helps,

Thanks,

MuzzySmeller

Later edit 15.08.24 - I have remembered (after a bit of research) the course and hole the red hot showdown crash happened on. It was the par 3 6th hole on Pinehurst number 2. I played my tee shot first, then the game went to the holding screen just before or just after my opponent played their first shot. 

• JeffH1965
    44 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2024 5:20 PM

Your Username:    JeffH1965
    Opponent Username:  Hoseybag
    Time and Date issue occurred (including timezone):   Aug 16,   6:11 pm
    Course and Hole:   Kiwaii   #17

Round/Game/Hole (ex. Round 1, Game 3, Hole2):    Round 2    Game 4
    Whos turn was it:  Game finished
    Your Score/Opponents Score when this happened:  JeffH1965  -2   Hoseybag E  forfeited after 2nd hole
    Events leading up to when the issue happened: Finished up putting and game when to error screen   see attached
    What happened when the issue occurred: see above
    What did you do in response to this issue: I clicked retry several times   then cancel, tried restarting game 
    Additional Info/Weird Observations: 
    Screenshots sent to Members@worldgolftour.com (Subject: "Bounty (Username)" (Y/N): 

I would like Titleilist Pro V1x  L87 golf ball, that is what I play

• beerstine
    712 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2024 2:58 AM

Your Username: beerstine
    Opponent Username: Peteyhackandbrew
    Time and Date issue occurred (including timezone): 3:15AM US Mountain Time
    Course and Hole: Oakmont 11

Round/Game/Hole (ex. Round 1, Game 3, Hole2): Round 2, Game 6, Hole 3
    Whos turn was it: beerstine
    Your Score/Opponents Score when this happened: beerstine -1, Peteyhackandbrew E or +1
    Events leading up to when the issue happened: Lining up approach on 2nd shot of hole, last hole of showdown round.  Opponent was a LL44 Pro and behind in the game.
    What happened when the issue occurred: Game refused to load and went to the reconnect screen.  Waited the :45 seconds with no response and spinning wheel in lower left corner.  Attempted to restart game but got error message that saved game could not be found.  Game made me replay the round, but didn't give bogeys.  Finished round under less advantageous conditions.
    What did you do in response to this issue: Attempted restart of game after waiting over 2 minutes for reconnect.
    Additional Info/Weird Observations: Game had been normal up to that point.  Had two other players forfeit in earlier rounds but was allowed to complete those games solo.

Sending screenshot of game frozen screen to the members e-mail address

Requested rewards if confirmed
    Epic TopGolf Glove

• Beryman
    9,097 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2024 9:43 AM

Your Username: Beryman
    Opponent Username: various
    Time and Date issue occurred (including timezone): 10:00 am MDT 8/17/2024
    Course and Hole: various
    Round/Game/Hole (ex. Round 1, Game 3, Hole2): elimination round, all 18 holes
    Whos turn was it: was finished
    Your Score/Opponents Score when this happened: my score 62 (-10)
    Events leading up to when the issue happened: was 1st to complete all 18 holes with -10 score which is final tiebreaker, cant imagine my (-3) for last showdown and (-4) for my second to last showdown being the worst of 12 players (and  9 above cut line) with -10 score
    What happened when the issue occurred: was surprised
    What did you do in response to this issue: filled this form out
    Additional Info/Weird Observations: 
    Screenshots sent to Members@worldgolftour.com (Subject: "Bounty (Username)" (Y/N): Y

Titleist Pro V1X slow meter level 93 

Epic Topgolf Glove

Tie breakers wouldn't be related to this. I am showing the tie breaker working correctly for this round and the players above you scored better for the final games for the round that decides the tiebreaker. Completing the round first would be the final tie breaker. I included the tie breaker rules in order below.

1. Number of Showdown holes completed

2. Score of Final Showdown game

3. Score of Second-to-last Showdown game

4. Score of Third-to-last Showdown game

5. Number of Double Eagles scored in Showdown

6. Number of Eagles scored in Showdown

7. Number of Birdies scored in Showdown

8. First to complete Showdown round

• PrimerLance
    22 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2024 9:50 AM
    Your Username: PrimerLance
    Opponent Username: Paul2Sharktown
    Time and Date issue occurred (including timezone): ~10:25 AM CDT, August 17
    Course and Hole: Wolf Creek, hole 8
    Round/Game/Hole (ex. Round 1, Game 3, Hole2): Round 2, Game 6, Hole 3
    Whose turn was it: Paul2Sharktown
    Your Score/Opponent's Score when this happened: -3 / -4
    Events leading up to when the issue happened: I watched my opponent's timer run down to zero (and about 15 seconds beyond) waiting for him to hit his tee shot
    What happened when the issue occurred: The reconnect screen came up and the timer went to zero without anything happening
    What did you do in response to this issue: I closed the game (Steam) and immediately re-opened, restoring the game to 8 tee
    Additional Info/Weird Observations: My opponent apparently thought I was intentionally disconnecting the game to "cheat" somehow and threw a fit in the chat, but otherwise nothing
    Screenshots sent to Members@worldgolftour.com (Subject: "Bounty (Username)" (Y/N): Yes

Desired Rewards:
    Ball Type/Level: Callaway Chrome Tour X Balls (Ultra Slow Meter) (L97+)
    Maxed Item: Epic Swing Edge Bucket Hat and Sunglasses
  • bossbird
    2,219 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2024 12:26 PM

Username: Bossbird
    Opponent Username: gonzalo775
    Time and Date issue occurred (including timezone): 21.05 European time 17/8/24
    Course and Hole:  bethpage hole 15 
    Round/Game/Hole (ex. Round 1, Game 3, Hole2): last round in the final  and my 18th hole
    Whos turn was it: opponents
    Your Score/Opponents Score when this happened: -1 his even
    Events leading up to when the issue happened: I had played my tee shot down the middle 
    What happened when the issue occurred: he was stuck on the tee, revolving circle
    What did you do in response to this issue: we each tried closing out and coming back 
    Additional Info/Weird Observations: on the screen where waiting to reconnect , it said it was St Andrews ! But it was t it was hole 15 bethpage
    Screenshots sent to Members@worldgolftour.com (Subject: "Bounty (Username)" (Y/N) yes screen shots sent . However I was able to play out the hole , it said he forfeited , I got a birdie. The most important aspect of this , is the screen trying to reconnect said St Andrews , but we ère playing at bethpage hole 15. i 

I would like TM level 81 balls , max out my swing edge rare bucket hat please 

• beerstine
    712 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2024 12:23 AM

I hadn't noticed it before but my screenshot of the reconnect screen also says St. Andrews. We were playing Oakmont.  

• MVSTONER69
    35 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2024 7:21 AM

Player Username: mvstoner69
    Opponent Username: none
    Time and Date issue occurred (including timezone): 8/17 753 am mst
    Course and Hole: did not let me play last 3 holes
    Round/Game/Hole (ex. Round 1, Game 3, Hole2): rd 2, holes 16-18
    Whos turn was it:  was trying to join a game
    Your Score/Opponents Score when this happened:  i was 9 under with 3 holes left
    Events leading up to when the issue happened:  went to search for a game
    What happened when the issue occurred:  told me showdown was over, although the screen showed 2 hrs left
    What did you do in response to this issue:  couldn't do anything, lost three strokes for not playing the last 3 holes
    Additional Info/Weird Observations: screen showed 2 hours left in showdown, but told me it was over, couldnt finish
    Screenshots sent to Members@worldgolftour.com (Subject: "Bounty (Username)" (Y/N):y

Player Username: mvstoner69
    Opponent Username: none
    Time and Date issue occurred (including timezone): 8/17 753 am mst
    Course and Hole: did not let me play last 3 holes
    Round/Game/Hole (ex. Round 1, Game 3, Hole2): rd 2, holes 16-18
    Whos turn was it:  was trying to join a game
    Your Score/Opponents Score when this happened:  i was 9 under with 3 holes left
    Events leading up to when the issue happened:  went to search for a game
    What happened when the issue occurred:  told me showdown was over, although the screen showed 2 hrs left
    What did you do in response to this issue:  couldn't do anything, lost three strokes for not playing the last 3 holes
    Additional Info/Weird Observations: screen showed 2 hours left in showdown, but told me it was over, couldnt finish
    Screenshots sent to Members@worldgolftour.com (Subject: "Bounty (Username)" (Y/N):y

callaway erc soft level 45

Callaway ERC Soft Ball (L45+)

epic swing edge glove

• Nicozandberg
    726 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2024 12:23 PM

Player Username: Nicozandberg
    Opponent Username: First occurence none, Second vs kinfisch
    Time and Date issue occurred (including timezone): 8/18 10.30am UK, 08/18 18.30 UK
    Course and Hole: First occurence I didnt play the game at all - just gave me 3 bogeys after I've played my 3rd match. Second time - Erin Hills. Oppo timed out on my screen. Waited 5 minutes. Closed game and went back it and had been awarded 2 bogeys. 
    Round/Game/Hole (ex. Round 1, Game 3, Hole2): Final Game 3, Final Game 5 hole 2
    Whos turn was it:  His turn
    Your Score/Opponents Score when this happened:  both were even after the first hole.
    Events leading up to when the issue happened: First occurence I didnt play the game at all - just gave me 3 bogeys after I've played my 3rd match. Second time - Erin Hills. Oppo timed out on my screen. Waited 5 minutes. Closed game and went back it and had been awarded 2 bogeys. 
    What happened when the issue occurred:  Frozen screen. Game over
    What did you do in response to this issue:  couldn't do anything, lost five holes. Reported it on WGT Discord under bugs.
    Additional Info/Weird Observations: n/a
    Screenshots sent to Members@worldgolftour.com (Subject: "Bounty (Username)" (Y/N): no, but posted screenshots in bug reporting on Discord 

Desired rewards:

I use the L93 TP5x balls:
    Epic SE hat please

• fmagnets
    3,640 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2024 9:39 PM

Player Username: fmagnets
    Opponent Username: roadking20020
    Time and Date issue occurred (including timezone): First at 00.47, then again at 00.49, 19th Aug 2024, Brazilian (Brasilia) time, UTC -3

Course and Hole: Oakmont, hole 4
    Round/Game/Hole: Round 3, game 6, hole 1.
    Whose turn was it: My turn at 00.47, opponent's turn at 00.49

Your Score/Opponents Score when this happened: Both our 3rd shots, putting for eagle, so our scores were 2 apiece when it was my putt, and 3 for me and 2 for him when it was his putt.

Events leading up to when the issue happened: Nothing unusual. We both played our shots to the green without issue, then came the eagle putts. In both cases the screen loaded the view for the putts we had to take, but the shot clock didn't appear and start counting down.

What happened when the issue occurred: When the shot clock didn't appear, there was no way to take the shot when it was my turn, and no way to see the opponent aiming his shot (his avatar would be moving to read the putt) when it was his turn.

What did you do in response to this issue: I know from experience to load a web page to check my connection (fine in both cases). Then, sometimes you can kick-start the shot clock by loading the opponent's profile, or the scorecard, or the hole info, and wait for the 15s countdown to take you back to the shot view. In these cases, this didn't work, though it often does. I then know there is no option but to close the game client and restart, because if you wait too long you will be timed out of the game. In both cases, the game was waiting for us in the lobby and we were able to continue. If I hadn't known to do this stuff in a timely fashion, I would have got the 3 bogeys for sure. If it had happened a 3rd time, there is no way out because restarting the client a 3rd time brings auto-disqualification, and not restarting gets you timed out of the game without being able to play a shot.

Additional Info/Weird Observations: I am not sure what protocols the game has to check through to progress a matchplay game, but my guess is once your shot is loaded and ready to play, the client has to receive a signal that the opponent is also connected and ready to watch the shot. For some reason, this signal isn't received, so the shot clock does not start and there is no way to play on. The programming is perhaps not robust enough to check whether something has gone wrong or a signal has been missed.

Screenshots sent to Members@worldgolftour.com (Subject: "Bounty (Username)" (Y/N): N. Nothing to see other than the correct shot view but without the shot clock showing and counting down.

Rewards:
    x2 Sleeves of Balls (players choice): L98 Callys please
    x1 Maxed Apparel item (players choice, like taking your Epic Swing Edge Hat and making it level 10): Epic SE hat please 
  • PAGES
RSS