Help › Forums

Ball durability

Sat, Oct 19 2024 11:28 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AceHoler26
    336 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2024 10:48 PM

BlackBogey:

How much more would you be willing to pay for this added durability you want?  They charge what people will pay, it's a free market society.  If you think you aren't getting a fair deal you are free to vote with your wallet, but to suggest a business trying to earn a profit should just be giving stuff away for free is off base.

They already give incentives and promotions for free.....but most of them are anemic.  I'm simply suggesting that if they want to give customers something of real value as an incentive to stay loyal to the product.....they could increase the ball durability a bit more.

You make it sound like I'm asking for perpetual ball life. Going from durability 2.5 to 3 or even 3.5 would hardly kill them and it would make their customers feel even better about them and the product.  Perhaps they could tie it to experience level so that long time players that have been loyal customers reach their highest durability level.  And new players would get increased ball durability as they worked their way up the experience ladder

• BlackBogey
    500 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2024 4:47 AM

AceHoler26:

They already give incentives and promotions for free.....but most of them are anemic.  I'm simply suggesting that if they want to give customers something of real value as an incentive to stay loyal to the product.....they could increase the ball durability a bit more.

You make it sound like I'm asking for perpetual ball life. Going from durability 2.5 to 3 or even 3.5 would hardly kill them and it would make their customers feel even better about them and the product.  Perhaps they could tie it to experience level so that long time players that have been loyal customers reach their highest durability level.  And new players would get increased ball durability as they worked their way up the experience ladder

Now I see your point.  I guess when you look at it that way, the gas station I always go to should start letting me pump 20 gallons of gas but only make me pay for 13, or the grocery store I always use should give me $500 worth of groceries but only charge me $350.  It would hardly kill them after all, and would help keep my loyal to their product.

• tramilleo
    1,892 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2024 11:49 AM

Bogey you are missing the whole point and using an analogy that is ridiculous. 

• SamSpayed
    5,006 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2024 12:20 PM

BlackBogey:

Now I see your point.  I guess when you look at it that way, the gas station I always go to should start letting me pump 20 gallons of gas but only make me pay for 13, or the grocery store I always use should give me $500 worth of groceries but only charge me $350.  It would hardly kill them after all, and would help keep my loyal to their product.

That's exactly how it works for me.  I buy my fuel and groceries at Kroger.  I earn fuel points when I buy my groceries there that I can redeem for xx cents off per gallon.  And for every $1,000 I spend on fuel and groceries, I get $10 cash back.  I also get coupons in the mail from them every month for $$ off groceries and coupons for things I frequently buy there - including free items (sometimes).

WGT could do something similar.  I wish they would 😏

• callaghan159
    6,326 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2024 4:14 PM

Why not a free sleeve of balls for every(number) of sleeves you buy limited to a certain cost towards the free sleeve. Ex...1 free sleeve for every 10 you buy to a max of 500 credit for the free sleeve. Just a dream.

• BlackBogey
    500 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2024 4:49 PM

SamSpayed:

That's exactly how it works for me.  I buy my fuel and groceries at Kroger.  I earn fuel points when I buy my groceries there that I can redeem for xx cents off per gallon.  And for every $1,000 I spend on fuel and groceries, I get $10 cash back.  I also get coupons in the mail from them every month for $ off groceries and coupons for things I frequently buy there - including free items (sometimes).

WGT could do something similar.  I wish they would 😏

Yes, my grocery store (Giant Eagle) also offers me cash back and gas discounts if I use their loyalty program.  Problem is their gas is often higher than most other places nearby so by the time the "discount" is taken it comes out to the same price or just a little higher.  Not to mention they have very few stations in my area so would require extra driving just to get to one.  I do take advantage of the cash back on groceries.

So maybe I didn't use the best analogies, but I still think it's unwarranted to expect a company trying to stay afloat to be tossing freebies around - just my opinion.  Heck, I have the Premier membership, and I'd like to see a reduction in the yearly cost of that since it no longer offers the free passes to Cabo/Whistler, but I'm not going to make a post about it and go on about it.  It is what it is, and I knew that before buying, no one forced me to.  

And no offense intended to you @SamSpayed, but this idea of balls being increased to 4 durability with no price increase is simply asinine to me.  Ball hits and CC Passes (by large Clash/TW clubs) are likely their 2 biggest revenue generators, so they aren't going to cut into one of those streams during their current economic uncertainty caused by the whole Callaway/TopGolf restructuring situation. 

Just my take.  I think I mentioned before, but we all have to keep in mind that while this is just fun and entertainment to us, it's a business for them, and they have an obligation to shareholders to try to earn a profit.

• borntobesting
    9,691 Posts
    Sat, Oct 19 2024 11:28 AM

talking about discounts on gas makes me think of Walmart + and Murphy USA. Walmart + members get a 10 cent a gallon discount on every gallon of gas sold. I am not sure how much most Walmart + members pay annually for the membership. But those of us who work for Walmart get it free so we pay nothing to get that 10 cent a gallon discount.

• PAGES
RSS