Forums

Help › Forums

Ball durability

Tue, Aug 27 2024 3:36 PM (5 replies)
  • AceHoler26
    334 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2024 10:00 PM

To WGT,

Yes it's true you have the best virtual golf game on the planet.  Yes your customer service, while not perfect, is quite good overall. You also have a very loyal following of players at all skill levels.

How about giving something to your players/customers that has some real meaning.  I present the following:

Ball durability has a scale that goes from 1 to 6.  For as long as I have been playing this game the vast majority of balls have a durability rating of 2.5.  The rest have a paltry durability of 2.0. This is not even half of the durability scale.

Don't you think it would be good PR to do something REALLY meaningful for your customers ?  Something that could likely be done with a few clicks on the keyboard by your technical staff.

At the very least make the durability 3.0 which would be 50% of the scale.  What I really suggest is raising it a full point to 3.5. 

With the number of credits you are charging for some of these balls, why not let the players enjoy them for a bit longer ?  Would it kill you to do at least that for your customers ?

The one thing lacking with WGT is meaningful incentives and rewards.  Weekly goals being met that net a player 5 or 10 credits is laughable and borders on insulting actually.

For once.....step up to the plate and give us a REAL reward.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,626 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2024 5:32 PM

Even though I mostly agree with you, I'm afraid they’ll never improve ball durability since doing so would directly cut into their profits.

• SamSpayed
    4,996 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2024 6:17 PM

AceHoler26:
    Ball durability has a scale that goes from 1 to 6.

I thought it maxed out at 2.5.  Where are you getting 6 from?

AceHoler26:
    The one thing lacking with WGT is meaningful incentives and rewards.  Weekly goals being met that net a player 5 or 10 credits is laughable and borders on insulting actually.

If you want laughable, try doing the Daily Spin 😂

• BlackBogey
    455 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2024 10:10 PM

AceHoler26:

Just buy the Premier Membership and you'll go up to 170 credits per week for getting 150 of your available 170 weekly Stars.  That's 8840 credits per year, which helps offset the cost of the membership 😉

• ScottHope
    10,308 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2024 11:52 PM

SamSpayed:
    I thought it maxed out at 2.5.  Where are you getting 6 from?

Maybe here, Sam?

• SamSpayed
    4,996 Posts
    Tue, Aug 27 2024 3:36 PM

ScottHope:
    Maybe here, Sam?

Okay, I can see where the confusion comes from.

WGT decided, for some reason, to display a ball's Spin and Durability with filled-in bars next to them.  Out of necessity, since the Spin rating for a ball can go up to 5.7 (as of today), they needed the bar scale to go up to 6 to accommodate the 5.7 number.

I've never seen a ball with higher than a 2.5 Durability.  I think that's the max they have programmed.

RSS