Forums

Help › Forums

Driving % question

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 6 2011 9:08 AM (3 replies)
  • jmehdi
    50 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2011 7:43 AM

I just finished playing Kiawah Back 9. According to the checkmarks on the scorecard, I hit 7 of 9 fairways, and hit the green in regulation on both par 3s.

My Driving % stat at the end of the game was 86%

There is no combination of the numbers involved that will equal 86%. What variable am I missing?

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2011 8:05 AM

Perhaps I am completely wrong because I never looked into this carefully, but in that case I will stand corrected by other members.

I think drive doesn't count for par 3. Since you have 2 par 3, then the driving % will be computed using the remaining 7 holes. If on those holes you hit the fairway 6 times, then 6/7 = 0.857 = 86%

Regards.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2011 9:00 AM

Just curious if you hit a 3-wood off the tee at all during this round?

It's only a drive with a driver that counts towards your driving accuracy stat, whereas I'm fairly certain a 3-wood still counts as an attempt.  In other words if you hit all 3-woods off the tee, and hit every fairway, you would have 0% driving accuracy, since you technically didn't hit any "drives" (by the WGT definition of the word, anyway).

In your case, based on genorb's calculations, my guess is that you hit your 3-wood off the tee on one hole and your driver on the other 6 (not including the par 3's).

And yes, it is indeed a minor flaw in the game (believe it or not....they DO exist! lol).

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2011 9:08 AM

the par 3s don't have fairways, so that leaves 7; 6 out of 7 is 86 percent. 

RSS