Help › Forums

Crammed up Alt Match Screen

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 10 2024 11:44 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • arkage57
    2,833 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2024 12:27 PM

Been having this issue for awhile- not sure how to fix it. When I create or join an Alt Match, this is what my screen looks like: (this is a full, uncropped screen capture)

My game app display settings are1024x 768.

My computer display settings are 1280x800.

This gives me a full monitor window of the game, and I run a spreadsheet on a 2nd monitor.

TIA,

Ark

• ScottHope
    10,312 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2024 1:15 PM

Hi Ark, I guess you've tried the other in game resolutions?

That image you posted is 1040 x 800, if it is a full screen capture shouldn't it be 1280 x 800 ? 

• arkage57
    2,833 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2024 3:54 PM

Thanks for the reply Scott.

When I try the other game setting resolutions, I get a narrow game window in the middle of the screen, but it's only about 1/3 total usage of the monitor.  Text is very small and the meter is super long, which means it runs 100 mph.

Checked the settings on my monitor- system states my display resolution is 1280x1024. I do have text, apps and other items at 125%.

Older eyes makes the small text difficult to read (especially the tiny green speed and meter increments) and having a wider game window (relative to height) puts the meter on afterburner.

I only have this issue on game modes where other players are invited to join. Nothing is affected during regular game play. I can live with it if I have to, but chatting in the lobby, or seeing names/icons of players is not ideal.

Thanks again.

Ark

• arkage57
    2,833 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2024 4:13 PM

Bleh, well, now I buggered up what I had. Tried to adjust some settings, and the game window went to a smaller size, and I can't get back to where I was. Should have left "well enough" alone.

Thought I had it solved when I went to full screen, but forgot that when I click in 2nd monitor, the game minimizes itself.

Will figure out a way to get back to manageable. Thanks for the help anyway

Ark

PS. Figured out how I originally did it. I set the game window up at 1024x768 on my 2nd monitor set at 1280x800 100%, and then slide it over to my 1st monitor at 1280x1024 at 125%.....

Back to where I was originally. Will just deal with the traffic jam at game set up. Thanks again.

• BlackBogey
    461 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2024 11:04 PM

I have the exact same situation with the multi-player select screen is the same as yours, as I play in Windowed 1024x768 mode in order to minimize meter travel. 

I downloaded Scott's Unity Game Resolution Picker utility.  The good thing about it is you can change the resolution while on any screen without having to exit game setup, Then you can just change it back once you get your players selected.

https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/635297/4284354.aspx#4284354

• ScottHope
    10,312 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2024 12:16 AM

Thanks BB. That's a bit depressing that I forget to promote my own utilities, lol.  : ))

Ark, I did set my own monitor resolution to the two settings that you mentioned, 1280x800 and 1280x1024 and then set the game resolution to 1024x768 and this is what the game window looks like at those two monitor resolutions...

1280x800

1280x1024

...I also have my display scale set to 125% like you.

EDIT : I have another utility that expands the game window vertically to fit your monitor's height without changing the width of the window, if that interests you Ark, let me know...

• Yiannis1970
    3,284 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2024 1:36 AM

arkage57:

PS. Figured out how I originally did it. I set the game window up at 1024x768 on my 2nd monitor set at 1280x800 100%, and then slide it over to my 1st monitor at 1280x1024 at 125%.....

Back to where I was originally. Will just deal with the traffic jam at game set up. Thanks again.

Hello. These are some weird native resolutions from your 2 monitors. Are you sure that's the native resolution for each one? Can you post here the native resolution of the 2 monitors (you will see on the display menu ''recommended''? I can help you with your problem. I guess you use a separate graphics card. Which brand and model?

• MarchieB
    1,529 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2024 2:42 AM

ScottHope:
    Thanks BB. That's a bit depressing that I forget to promote my own utilities, lol.  : ))

I was going to suggest ScottH's other utility called "The Resizer" which allows you resize the window to a custom size.

I play on an older Non "widescreen" monitor so I play with a standard 1024 x 768 game window but I can resize this up to a customized 1230 x 935 to fill my screen with Scott's "Resizer" tool

When i go to play in multi player games I can easily change the game window height to 700 and create the widescreen window required to properly see the game setup screens.

Link to ScottHope's   "The Resizer Tool"

With 1230 x 935 sized game window = my optimized screen size for PLAYING the game you get "scrunched up" graphics on the game settings screens.

VS

A 1235 x 700 sized screen = "widescreen"  which shows correctly as there's now room width wise for all the graphics

• arkage57
    2,833 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2024 4:54 AM

Appreciate all the input and advice. Will definitely check out Scott's Resizer tool.

Here are some more screen shots with current settings:

This is my current setup (ignore all the trash on the shelf....)

Display 2 (game window):

Display 1: (spreadsheet)

Graphics card info:

Ark

• ScottHope
    10,312 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2024 6:20 AM

Okay Ark, thanks for that info. I've been doing some messing about and as you can see from the pictures I have posted previously, at 1024x768 in game resolution, I've had the same crammed issue as you...

...but then I went back into the game settings, changed from 'Window mode' to 'Fullscreen mode' then save & close. Then, still in fullscreen mode, went to set up a multiplayer game and everything was visible, no cramming at all. So I came out of that and went back into the settings, changed out of 'Fullscreen mode' and back into 'Window mode', then when I went to set up a multiplayer game again, everything was fine, nothing was crammed and still in 1024x768 in game resolution. Might be worth a try Ark.  : )

• PAGES
RSS