Crammed up Alt Match Screen

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 10 2024 11:44 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • arkage57
    2,833 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2024 6:40 AM

Thanks Scott.

So, when I do that, it fixes the crammed up issue on the multiplayer game window, but it also shrinks my game window about 1/3 of my "almost full screen" window I had prior (which is probably what is causing the issue in the first place!)

My original goal was to be at or close to full screen, without losing the game app every time I clicked on the other monitor for spreadsheet, discord, email, etc etc.

I tried to load your Resizer program, but I get a Windows cannot access.... You may  not have appropriate permissions....   denial.

All in all, just a preference/frustration issue, but not a game killer. Maybe just have to live with what I have.

Thanks

Ark

• ScottHope
    10,316 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2024 7:34 AM

Okay, you can have a maximized window* without the issue of the game collapsing every time you access your other screen, and there is a relatively easy way of doing it, have a look here. I hope it works on a dual screen set up but I can't test it because I don't have that.

A maximized window and a fullscreened app will both fill the screen, but the maximized window will have its title bar and borders, whereas a fullscreened app won't.
  • arkage57
    2,833 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2024 10:30 AM

OK, that allows me to maximize my screen, (which I really like!!), but I still get the crammed up screen on the Alt Shot.

I guess I can start in the smaller window, and then once the match is started, do some quick key strokes and get maximized for gameplay.

Much  appreciated! Thanks so much!

Ark

• ScottHope
    10,316 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2024 11:07 AM

Okay Ark. I'll leave you to experiment with different resolutions to see what works best for you.

One way to speed up the work in the task manager is to disable or get rid of the UnityCrashHandler32.exe so that it does not appear in the task manager. The file can be found here...

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Topgolf \ WGTLauncher \ golf \ UnityCrashHandler.exe

You can either rename the file or delete it to stop it appearing in the task manager. I think it sends info back to WGT when the game crashes, but I'm happy to be corrected on that, and although it's useful (to WGT) I don't believe it's essential to the game's function.

Thank you Ark and you're very welcome.  ; )

• arkage57
    2,833 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2024 11:24 AM

Well, at least now, I can run the game in whatever resolution I want to, be able to read and have a somewhat organized game lobby, AND go to the best setup for gameplay (for me), with minimal key strokes.

Although I think the game should function properly in any available resolution, from one screen to the next (if one works, the next one should too), but I'm OK with some minor tweaking on my end to make it ideal for my situation.

Thanks again Scott, and others who contributed.

Ark

• Yiannis1970
    3,284 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2024 2:25 PM

arkage57:

Appreciate all the input and advice. Will definitely check out Scott's Resizer tool.

Here are some more screen shots with current settings:

This is my current setup (ignore all the trash on the shelf....)

Display 2 (game window):

Display 1: (spreadsheet)

Graphics card info:

Ark

Ok...let's take the things from the start!!

You have 2 monitors.

specs

which is better and newer. This monitor has an aspect ratio 16:10 and its native resolution is 1440 x 900. So, using a 1280 x 800 does not help you in any way. Sure, the aspect ratio in both cases remains the same (16:10) , but you ''feed'' your monitor with a lower resolution than its native which makes the image blurrier. So, first step is to change to 1440 x 900. I guess you are connected digitally using the DVI port.

[View:https://www.pcliquidations.com/p10930-dell-e196fp-19-black#:450:0]

This is your second (gaming) monitor. This monitor has an aspect ratio 5:4 and its native resolution is 1280 x 1024. This Dell is an old monitor with only one analogical input (d-sub). So...you are correct here setting the resolution at its native 1280 x 1024. Furthermore, you are correct playing with a refresh rate 60Hz.

Now, let's go to the third player, your GPU.

ATI 5400 is a 15 year old graphics card. You are in extended dual monitor mode. I changed my monitor's resolution into 1280 x 1024 and here's what i get:

As you can see, i have an almost 4:3 aspect ratio or 1,25 (1280/1024 = 1,25) and to be more exact my aspect ratio with this resolution is 5:4 (1024 x 5 / 4 = 1280).

Clearly something is definitely wrong with your set up, cause you shouldn't have any issues (1280 in horizontal axis and 1024 on vertical, they have more than enough space for a 1024 x 768 game, as shown on picture above).

First of all, i am quite curious if the AMD Catalyst Control Center is working....and if yes, how? There are not available drivers for this GPU on win10 or 11. Perhaps you use windows 7? There are various settings on the CCC one of which is to ''keep the aspect ratio''.

As a first step, i would be trying to put my 2 monitors on the same resolution and on the same refresh rate (60Hz). Change the Asus monitor resolution into the same as Dell's (1280 x 1024). Then, drag the game from Asus to Dell and upload a picture please.

• arkage57
    2,833 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2024 2:32 PM

Thanks Yiannis. I'm on the road the rest of tonight but I'll check into this tomorrow.

Ark

• arkage57
    2,833 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2024 5:49 AM

I tried using your recommendations (both monitors to same resolution and refresh rate) and opening the game on the Asus and moving to Dell.

The game keeps jumping over to the Dell when starting it, but no matter what I did I get a result that is either a small game window (like pictured below, about 1/3 of the screen) or a very wide game window (which gives me a longer (perceived?) meter that runs faster).

Below, the Alt Match screen is still jumbled together.

It seems that Scott's remedy of maximizing the game window after Tee Off is about the best solution.

FYI, I am on Windows 10, but I know its an older machine, and most likely due for upgrade in the near future. But, hard to justify big time processor and graphics card to play video golf on....

Thanks for the input

Ark

• Yiannis1970
    3,284 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2024 11:44 AM

I do believe that the culprit is the combination digital/analog inputs on your 2 monitors plus the fact that you don't have access to CCC.

• PAGES
RSS