Forums

Help › Forums

Discord Voice Chat Enthusiasts

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 11 2024 4:08 PM (4 replies)
  • Slimjim001
    1,040 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2024 6:16 AM

One thing I truly enjoy is chatting live while playing this awesome game. I know it isn't for everyone, but it is for me. If it is for you or you just want to try it, why not send me a Discord friends request, and I'll invite you into my server. My server is dedicated exclusively for voice chatting and is not a country club server. You will find that I am readily available a good deal of the time.  My Discord contact is:  Slimjim001(Jim)#3785   

• callaghan159
    6,302 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2024 5:31 PM

I have installed and uninstalled Discord a few times. The reason I no longer use it is because I have lost many alt shot games because discord wants to do a update part way through a game and by the time I get rid of discord and reboot the game the game is over. Thanks but no thanks.

• BlackBogey
    460 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2024 9:46 PM

callaghan159:

I have installed and uninstalled Discord a few times. The reason I no longer use it is because I have lost many alt shot games because discord wants to do a update part way through a game and by the time I get rid of discord and reboot the game the game is over. Thanks but no thanks.

I've been on Discord almost 2 years and stream lots of games through there, and personally have never had what you're describing happen, or ever heard of it happening to anyone else before/  

Discord is a separate app, so not sure why you'd need to restart WGT if you had to close Discord.  Even if it wanted to do an update (which it usually only does on startup), it should in no way disrupt your WGT game.  If you close the app mid-game it will kill your stream and your ability to do voice chat, but all your actual game play is done through the WGT app so wouldn't be effected.  Seems weird.

• Slimjim001
    1,040 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2024 4:00 AM

I moved from Skype to Discord because unlike Skype, Discord had no effect on how my computer performed during play. Discord updates each time I restart my computer but never at odd times. However, if you are using a low power computer and live stream, it could cause your meter to be jittery.

• callaghan159
    6,302 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2024 4:08 PM

Slimjim001:
    Discord updates each time I restart my computer but never at odd times.

My computer says it is checking for updates but never updates until I start playing. LOL. I use telegram now to play alt shot.

RSS