Forums

Help › Forums

Suggestions for laptop

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 7 2011 2:52 PM (8 replies)
  • gatordee
    281 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2011 5:28 PM

I have a laptop that I really like. It loads fast and the meter is smooth. Howevr, my left btton I use to swing with is worn. It will cost me $395 to fix it it so I have decided to get a new laptop. Any suggestions?? I am not computer smart at all.  I just do not want to get a laptop that I regret. Thanks for any help.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2011 5:38 PM

How about a mouse, wireless or wired?

I use a Toshiba Satellite, 3 years now, and when it dies I'm going to get another one.  :-)

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2011 6:27 PM

I gotta agree with YJ. I too use a Toshiba Satellite! I got it back in April of this year and I love it. I haven't had any problems with it what so ever! Meter is smooth and may get a meter jump once every month or so. Sometimes not at all. And it loads fast! I'm always the first one in the game in a multiplayer game waiting for others to load. I have another friend that has a Toshiba Satellite and although he doesn't play WGT, he loves it and also hasn't had any problems. Good reliable computer it is. Hope this helps ya. Good luck.

Master Yoda

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2011 6:32 PM

I use a lap top to play as do a lot of players.

Just buy yourself a mouse with USB connection plug it in.

& set ready to use in 20 sec.

Having a computer with Fast loading & smooth meter is gold on this game. 

• Turnabout945
    85 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2011 8:03 PM

gatordee:
    It loads fast and the meter is smooth.

In that case I wouldn't mess with your setup any more than necessary.  Just get a mouse.  $395 to fix a button is questionable, too.  I'd get a second opinion on that one, as I'd bet you could get it done a lot cheaper and that your computer person might be trying to rip you off.

As far as laptops, I've got a IBM ThinkPad R60 with Windows XP Pro, 2 GB of RAM and a 2.00 x 2 gHz Intel Core Duo T2500 processor.  I run on Google Chrome in an incognito window and have a smooth meter as long as I restart Chrome every couple days.  I got mine off eBay, and you can get the top of the line T60 for about $200 now.  IBM was also rated #1 in Windows based laptops by IBM by Consumer Reports before the laptop line was sold to Lenovo.

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2011 3:03 AM

Can't you reverse your buttons in Control Panel like a left handed mouse user would? If not, the mouse sounds like your best option.

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2011 4:54 AM

3puttsSuk:

Can't you reverse your buttons in Control Panel like a left handed mouse user would? If not, the mouse sounds like your best option.

Thanks for the info, my laptop button has taken a beating cause of this game, definitely going to give it a try...time to mess up my other button. :-)

• gatordee
    281 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2011 2:21 PM

I did try reversing the buttons but could not get use to dragging and the button just was not the same. However, I already had a cordless mouse and it works GREAT!!! I did not know I could do this. I appreciate EVERYTHING guys!! Many thanks and I hope this might help others.

RSS