Forums

Help › Forums

Just noticing a few things about certain players...

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 22 2024 10:31 AM (0 replies)
  • Richdaman
    13 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2024 10:31 AM

In no way am I writing this to disparage other players, but as I play in the Coin rooms, I usually view my opponents' profiles and notice their habits, and have found some rather curious things like:

Removing the flagstick. This really has little or no effect on the tee shot, except maybe on a par 3 where there is an exceptionally small chance it'll help in getting a hole in one.  I will claim that for me, I have always left it in on every ace I have made, so there's my proof. Same goes for nearly all of my chip / pitch / flop ins. Removing it on par 4 or 5 tee shot? I don't get it. Secondly, except while on the fringe, the stick appears on the green only as a visual reference. It really isn't there.  When a putt is made, the stick vanishes, so really it has no effect on whether the ball goes in or not. 

The 3-hybrid wood. I've seen many players who've chosen to keep some of their starter clubs, but the most common one kept seems to be the 3-hybrid wood. This trait transcends through all tiers from Pro to Champion. I guess if a more effective club is not needed, well okay.

Three wedges and no hybrid wood. I understand if it can be compensated with a high-end irons set. But when all three wedges have exactly the same yardage? I can't see any advantage in that.

If anyone can offer me reasoning that removing the stick, going back to my starter 3 wood, or have three nearly identical wedges is going to improve my game, by golly, I'll do it.

RSS