Forums

Help › Forums

A Suggestion - A Need

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 14 2011 5:49 AM (6 replies)
  • JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 10:39 PM

I just rented a putter. Sure would have been nice to have had a dedicated green on which to practice. Wow! what a concept! A pitching, chipping, putting green for simple practice. How about  a driving range? Do we really have to play tourneys just to test a club? Come on WGT - Give us practice facilities.

• cadwallater
    24 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 11:00 PM

Just wanted to second your suggestion about adding a driving and putting range.   Sometimes it helps to work out glitches in your game before you pull out a scorecard.  Also, might mention that even more than wind, and rough, and bad luck on the course, I find the computer bashes my game much too often.   Surely, if the guys four decades ago could put a man on the moon, modern computers should be capable of getting the ball close to where the graphic indicates it should be.   I often adjust for wind, and find the flight of the ball well outside (or inside) where the line on the overhead graphic indicates it should be.   Too often it amounts to pure guesswork, and the result is often a bad shot.  Also I notice when putting, which I do very badly, the computer sometimes shows dead level ground with no indication of movement whatever, and then the put goes astray for no apparent reason.    Vagaries of the computer.... or of the green?    Still enjoy the game and play often, but would love to see these problems remedied.   Thanks.

• SweetiePie91
    269 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2011 12:35 AM

No you can also play unrated/rated stroke-play rounds or the other types of modes.. 

And yes, putting green and driving range  has been suggested a million times for as long as i remember. 

WGT, how hard can it be? Come on and give the members what they want if you really care for us!!! Why aren't you making a putting green or driving range?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2011 1:37 AM

Just choose a hole.

http://www.wgt.com/courses/

Or set up any course in practice mode.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2011 2:31 PM

I just shot a 106 for 18 holes. 

That was because of all the practice putts.

Wish I'd seen piztaker's post first. You can just keep playing the same hole over and over. 

Hmm, I've never tried driving backwards. Number 1 at St Andrews looks like a likely driving range. 

One thing that doing this doesn't really help one judge is the forgiveness of a putter. Some seem to drop from the edge and others don't. For this kind of evaluation, a practice green with several cut holes would be ideal.

• captlenl
    15 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2011 5:49 AM

It is nice to play the same over a few times the problem is you can not pick the tees or green speeds. So you are not necessarily practicing at your real level.  Now that would be really great.

RSS