Forums

Help › Forums

Swing meter grids

Thu, Dec 15 2011 12:43 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2011 5:44 PM

Okay, in a nutshell, what do you suppose is the average percentage of players using an overlay grid of some type? This is very personal to me as it has been implicated that using said grid implies some form of "cheating".. I have worked very hard to obtain my current level, and do not take lightly to such frivolous accusations. In the old days, a duel would have been held, and god help the man that relied on instinct vs applied physics. I welcome any and all thoughts on this.

Doc

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 6:16 AM

Wha?

Who the hell gives a c hit if you stick a grid to your screen?Or any other gimmick,,whatever to hell gets it in the hole is fine with me!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 6:19 AM

drmoose:
    Okay, in a nutshell, what do you suppose is the average percentage of players using an overlay grid of some type?

Very high. WGT even sells a version of one in the PutterPal.  :-) 

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 7:27 AM

drmoose:
    Okay, in a nutshell, what do you suppose is the average percentage of players using an overlay grid of some type?

Never used any kind of overlay myself.  Did try putter pal once but hated it.  Actually played several trash rounds whacking putts and maxing stroke limit every hole just to get rid of it.  I've always been a feel player and always will be.

That said, I personally have no issue with people using overlays

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 8:17 AM

drmoose:
    This is very personal to me as it has been implicated that using said grid implies some form of "cheating"..

I have worked so Fing hard to get to my current level too.  Its *** that people drink red bull and take adderrall when playing and I dont have access to any of that sh%)!!!  The ones that piss me off the most are the coffee drinkers!  Is that fair??  To drink caffine and artificially wake yourself up!!  Hell No!!  I F&(#ing worked real hard!!  And let me tell you the worst of the worst!!  The people who have HVAC units to cheat.  I play in a F*&^ing igloo in Alaska.  I dont cheat by installing a heater in my room!!

Its B*(*sh#% WGT,......stop the cheating!!!!

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 8:28 AM

Haha TT - you forgot these a..holes who have gaming mice and big screen monitors and fast internet connections and 20 20 vision and...oh *** wait i am one of those a..holes :)

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 8:40 AM

Yesterday, I placed a clear plastic footlong ruler on the lip of my monitor to try out.

Figger'd it might help with "swing memory" or sumpin', but...

... every time I take a screenshot, it don't show-up in the screen capture!

I cain't figger it out! (Maybe cuz it's clear... or maybe it's a WGT preventable measure...?)

Any help would be muchly apperciated.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 8:45 AM

PugsAce:
    . every time I take a screenshot, it don't show-up in the screen capture!

LMAO.  :-D

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 8:57 AM

Spacklero:
    you forgot these a..holes who have gaming mice and big screen monitors and fast internet connections and 20 20 vision

That's it too for sure. I can't play without reading specs. But then again I still can't read putts, and hit the ding when I need too.

@OP, I don't think using tape is cheating and it doesn't go against WGT's rules, however, I do believe using a meter aid takes away from the feel of honestly winning a real world prize the conventional way, but to each their own. I tried tape on the meter bar once but I couldn't figure it out so I just play by memory and feel like Jake, and I'm certainly not breaking any records like Mr. four eagles in a row as a result. lol  : )

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 9:03 AM

Tape on the screen or a digital overlay or avatar movements - its all the same thing. I honestly dont believe that a single top player here putts by just looking at the meter and going for it.

• PAGES
RSS