Forums

Help › Forums

Vote on suggested improvements. January 2010

Thu, Dec 31 2009 3:38 PM (3 replies)
  • 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 10:59 AM

Perhaps an explanation if needed of what u mean by the improvement should be included but a one thru 5 list of what we would like to see improved would be able to be turned into a priorty list for what needs fixed, added, removed or improved.

For instance I cant stand doing the subtraction on number five on Kiawah from an extreme downhill putt from the fringe and having the ball move 2 inches even though I hit it five feet. Of course when I add another foot to the next shot it goes three feet by the hole.  I've given up on chipping and flop almost always and this could be a related item along with the duffed chip shot as would some inconsistent wind such as number one Kiawah as the head wind or tailwind is almost non existent.

As for the replays I skype a lot and never hear anything but disgust about the time they consume. Wgt is hurting its own income with less ball wear and tear and therefore delaying a new course or two. However a hole out is something everyone would like to see. Worst of all is the 7 yarder I missed as bad as the seven iron I just missed the green wth yet have to see my mistake over again.

1. Fix the unrealistic shot distances mentioned above.

2. Get rid of the replays except for the the hole outs.

3. New courses.

4. Load time or disconnects from the lobby to the first tee. If the game isn't started quickly often all the players don't see all the others invited and wonder why you don't hit tee off.

5. Meter glitches that cost balls or just make the balls cheaper during the Beta. I like the dime a sleeve balls but this is more for my friends that play the more expensive balls. In general smoothing out of the meter is the problem and we do use gamebooster and firefox.

This is not intended to be for arguements about what individual votes are considered wrong or right, (you know who you are). Just place your votes with explanations if needed in order of your priority of what is needed to be improved the most. Putting down someone's choice is not the intention of this thread, for a change please.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 12:49 PM

I only have one or two improvements that I feel need dire attention

1-Stop the multi accounts

2-Speed up the Ready Go wait time for payout

That is all

• WojciechMigda
    158 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 2:30 PM

More realistic sand. I've seen to many times ball trickle down having 30-40% lie, or escape bunkers when hit at a very flat angle. Sand is very dissipative wrt kinetic energy and I don't see it reproduced properly here.

• InterCad
    7 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 3:38 PM

Sixpack, I like your assessment of suggestions for 2010; also would hope they incorporate a ball mark when putting so balls would be removed during your putt. Sometimes it’s confusing when multiple balls are in view of play.

Another improvement is consistency with the putting grid movement with the ball; also the wind, if you hit just next to the target line of the hit meter the ball goes way outside not consistent with the mph of the posted wind reading. Variations of speeds are not consistent on the color grid; you have thin to thick lines and radiant color changes to indicate speed but out of sync depending on whether you’re playing Ready-Go or Stoke Play. I tend to get screwed more in pay-to-play that just regular Stoke Play.

I hope the more suggestions that are reasonable will be considered to be incorporated to those who enjoy the pleasure of playing and paying for the privilege of this software that take a tremendous effort to program and maintain.

RSS