Forums

Help › Forums

Clearing your cache

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 23 2011 7:04 PM (3 replies)
  • mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Fri, Dec 23 2011 3:00 PM

I have changed my mind about getting new clubs for Christmas as a present to myself.

So my question I guess is two fold.

I sell the Burners back to WGT along with the R9 driver is that when I clear the Cache?

Now after I purchase new equipment I should after the new files load,I should be good to go with no glitches between say the two iron sets & new driver.

Hope I asked this right. Granny's Christmas batch is awesome.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 23 2011 3:08 PM

Not going to LOL here, shiner. Will say told ya so, though. ;-)

Clear the Flash cache after you equip the new stuff. GL and enjoy them.

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Fri, Dec 23 2011 3:32 PM

Thanks once again Mr. Jim, I appreciate the fast reply. I wasn't sure, but why after? Is that so there will be all new files regarding the new equipment?

And the reason I changed my mind is I should have shot a 29 on the back 9 @ Oakmont from the back tees and Legend green speeds. Had two lip-outs for birdies and ended up with a 31 which got me thinking that I can play this game if I really put my mind to it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 23 2011 7:04 PM

mnshiner:
    I wasn't sure, but why after? Is that so there will be all new files regarding the new equipment?

Yes. With a clear cache and new equipment, the necessary files will be loaded the first time you use them. Not clearing that cache and playing with your new stuff could cause some confusion between files you have and ones you get for the new stuff. The last thing you want with new clubs is for old files to get in the way.  :-)

RSS