Help › Forums

# of Friends Effect One's Swing Meter?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 26 2011 11:20 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • okiegolfer2
    350 Posts
    Fri, Dec 23 2011 10:27 PM

I heard somewhere - I think a chat between a couple of players - that the more friends one has the more erratic one's swing meter during play.  Has anyone found that to be true?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Dec 23 2011 10:33 PM

I think that the more friends you have the more likely one of them will alter their status or enter or leave the site, which can affect your play. I don't think the number itself affects you.

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Sat, Dec 24 2011 11:54 PM

if it's true that friends' activities affect your play, closing the original WGT window and keeping only the game window open should eliminate any related meter hiccups. this way you don't have to alienate your friends :)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2011 12:39 AM

LeonDelBosque:

if it's true that friends' activities affect your play, closing the original WGT window and keeping only the game window open should eliminate any related meter hiccups. this way you don't have to alienate your friends :)

I have 185 friends and have no problems with the meter....

Well, I should say.... when playing the game, I run 'Game Booster' and close the Profile page when playing the game.

-Roger

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2011 5:05 PM

LeonDelBosque:

Unfortunately, closing out the original WGT window (aka 'Profile' window) does not stop the play window itself from registering each change of status of any of your WGT friends.

The more friends you have, and the more active they are, the more likely it is that a status change will occur in the midst of your downswing ... thus injecting a signal which can impact meter smoothness.

It has been reliably reported in related threads that the top WGT players zero out all their friends prior to participating in the virtual Opens. After reading that I reduced my accumulated WGT friends by 90+% - to only those in my club - and noted a dramatic reduction in meter glitches. It won't totally solve the problem, sadly, as there are many potential 'noise' sources on most people's computers.

As noted elsewhere, having a clean browser (I use Comodo Dragon) and using GameBooster also help game stability.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2011 5:49 PM

Open the game-client from a dedicated desktop icon. It will ensure no other windows are open. The "play now" button should be eliminated to ensure the game-client is the only window open. In doing so, some of the meter troubles the newer players are experiencing would be greatly reduced.

Most people fail to mention they opened the game-client from the "play now" button which will leave an unnecessary window open during game-play causing unwanted meter stutter. There's always other factors for meter problems, but having all the windows closed except for the game-client is an easy way to ensure some meter stability.

• Kaloke
    232 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2011 6:02 PM

I have 160 friends and I have no problems at all. Every once in a while I get a few hiccups in the meter but very rare. I use comodo  dragon and game booster. I had many issues using ie and firefox, but since using comodo dragon I have not had the issues. Also found that google chrome is a good browser too. I usually have 30-40 friends online most of the time and doesn't seem to affect my game play.

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2011 6:13 PM

Yoban  1013 friends, 3rd on this months $$ earnings list and 3rd on all time $$ earner list.

http://www.wgt.com/user/profile.aspx?UserID=835317 

I dont know if too many friends wreck the meter or not, but certainly doesnt seem to effect Yoban

• JER1439
    248 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2011 6:24 PM

GR8, not to ask a stupid  question but is comodo dragon a server and where do I find game booster?  Thanks for the input.

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2011 6:37 PM

Comodo is a browser, like chrome, or IE, just google it for download.

• PAGES
RSS