Forums

Help › Forums

Cannot log onto WGT

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 24 2011 8:27 PM (2 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Dec 24 2011 7:55 PM

I need urgent help with my big problem pls.

I cannot log to WGT... getting error message 'internet connection cannot be establish to servor'  Everthing else is fine.

I'm using a friends PC to write this so my account is still here....lol

I usually use Chrome and have tried other browsers as well, with the same message. I use a short-cut of the sign-in page to log on...so I tried to log on using the full version of chrome and then got an error message ...' Security Certificate is not valid' (for WGT)

I logged onto Flashplayer to delete cache, but that doesn't show the little box where you can delete everything.... uninstalled and installed with no luck... running latest version 11. whatever it is.

My default browser is Firefox, but the other day I decided to change the default to Chrome (stupid mistake...lol) ...I started to get the dreaded white screen and had heaps of flash problems... so I changed default back to firefox and everthing was fine...except for last night I couldn't log on...

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Roger

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Dec 24 2011 8:00 PM

Hi mantis,

Try this to sort things out.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Dec 24 2011 8:27 PM

Richard you are a Legend.

I had a look at that link, didn't even know it know it was there after all these years..lol.

Scrolling down the page and got to the Security settings section. This is ineterest, so I followed the links and got a message on screen 'Certificate is out of date'... download current.. even more interesting....download it, and started to think...hang on..how can this be?.

Well didn't let me download it and I checked the details of error report it gave...I saw the date on it.. which was correct date...

Stupid me... I checked the date on my Computer..... It was set to next month... Jan 25th 2012.... My goodness, what an idiot I am....lol... changed the date to today...and Bang...everything is fine.

I spent 4 hours on this last night stuffing around.....lol....

Thanks Richard for the heads up

Cheers

Roger

RSS