Help › Forums

Terrain compasention

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 27 2011 2:29 PM (2 replies)
  • elnar
    17 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 5:19 AM

Hi All,

I am new with this game, and falling in love with it. I have a couple of questions to ask, would really appreciate you help:

1) In the bunker, should i under shoot the ball for it to go further, i am facing difficulties to calculate distance when in this position to know how far my ball will go.

2) Same thing in the rough

3) when i set my market to 143 y let say, and my club can hit 160, is the bar automatically adjusted to the 143, or it stays for the 160? If the ladder, than what arranging the marker distance will stand for?

Thanks a lot

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 6:54 AM

hi

let me try answering them. 

1. there are different bunkers and each course plays differently. also, different bunkers can be had on same course. it's mostly determined by sand %, 

you generally want to hit few different shots, punch, flop, full or pitch - what you hit is determined by distance to the pin, wind, and type of bunker. 

i am not sure what you mean by under shoot though.  

keep in mind that each bunker plays it's own distance. there are some that play only 5 yards longer while others 15 or 20 yards longer, only practice will help + few keen observations.,

3. you always want to hit as close to full club as possible. if you use 160 club to set power to 143, you likely you are better off hitting 145 club since as close to full power you hit the better your club will perform

to answer your question: you set distance by dragging your bar left to full and then taking some off to approximate 143. once you release, it sets at that power and then you try to hit to achieve 100% chance at perfect shot.

-wgticon

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2011 2:29 PM

elnar:
    1) In the bunker, should i under shoot the ball for it to go further,

I always use FULL BackSpin (undershoot) when in the sand or the rough. This doesnt make the ball go further, it makes the ball leave the club at a higher angle. 
    Hence 'lifting' it out.

If you have 60y to go to the pin and your ball is in 10% sand, you only need to hit roughly 1Y further than the 60... = practice

Lying in the rough/ weeds is different you WILL need to hit much harder. = practice

elnar:
    3) when i set my market to 143 y let say, and my club can hit 160, is the bar automatically adjusted to the 143, or it stays for the 160?

That is correct, adjusting your marker/ flag is basically only aiming where you WILL try to hit the ball. It doesn't change the meter/ club strength.

eg; Sometimes your club at it's full range will land you in water, or weeds, or too far.
    If you have a club showing you it can reach say, 150Y, move the marker to 150Y
    (i use the overhead minimap to do this) When the green line changes to red, that is your max distance, adjust the marker so your line is green or JUST into the red.

Now you can see where you are going to land. 
    Try using different camera views to get a better view of your landing zone. 

Adjust the marker/ pin to where you would LIKE to land, this then shows you the distance you need to hit.
    So you then chose a club for that distance.

As WGTicon  wrote above, chose the club closest to that distance you need. 
    You will often not need to hit a full meter. 

You can also use TOP SPIN, if the club you chose is slightly shorter than the distance you need.
    Top spin will make the ball roll further when it lands.
    Bottom Spin, will make the ball stop short as it lands.

RSS