Forums

Help › Forums

Playing off the Desktop

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 26 2011 8:32 AM (6 replies)
  • HoraceGumble
    61 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 6:42 AM

I have heard a few people talking about how they run the game off a icon on their desktop.  They have said this helps smooth out their meter.  I just can't seem to figure out how to do this, so if anyone knows how please help.

Thanks

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 6:48 AM

What they're talking about is when you have a browser that you use only for the game (dedicated browser) you put the icon for that browser in your quickstart toolbar. That way, when you click on it, you go directly to the game in that browser, provided you set the browser up to open in the game client.

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 6:51 AM

You can

If you have Google Chrome Browser installed on your computer.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/wgt

Just drag the icon of the chrome page to your desktop

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 7:03 AM

Another way is to copy the URL from the game-client's address bar and go to your desktop and right click, click "new" > "shortcut" > and paste the URL in the provided text box. Click "next" and type a name for the shortcut and click "finish". That's it. Simply double click the icon and the game-client will load. No other windows will be open.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 7:57 AM

I use comodo dragon just for the game client, still get metered but I am learning NOT to hit the button to hit early/late.Everything else gets run on Chrome. Works great for me. now if I could just figure out those dumb dots on the green it would be great

Have fun

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 8:28 AM

Have you  tried running Dragon with gamebooster 3.1? That is my setup and for the most part i have a very smooth meter.

• HoraceGumble
    61 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 8:32 AM

Thanks for all the replies.  I will try all of these different ways to see what works best.

RSS