Help › Forums

Real Golf vs. WGT Golf

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 29 2011 10:02 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 7:14 PM

Who on this site can say they average in real life (on real golf courses) anything close to what they average at WGT??? 

Personally, to be the first to confess, I average about 8-10 strokes over my WGT average.  So I'm not even close...

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm thinking many WGT players who can't break 120 for 18 holes on a real golf course are shooting in the 50's and 60's here.

My best guess is that TarheelsRule, SweetiePie and BolloxInBruges can hold their own on a real golf course.  YancyCan probably shoots well on his own Par 2 golf course, but only if aliens are watching.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 7:31 PM

Doublemochaman:

My best guess is that TarheelsRule, SweetiePie and BolloxInBruges can hold their own on a real golf course.  YancyCan probably shoots well on his own Par 2 golf course, but only if aliens are watching.

Used to be a 1-2 handicap at my best, now closer to a 8-10 playing 2x a month for the last few years instead of 27+ holes a day when I was actually decent.

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 8:10 PM

I confess also

My average score in the real world of golf IS better then WGT virtual golf; that's MINIATURE GOLF to be correct. LOL

Seriously tho I have not played real golf in a while but was well over par. In real life I'm better at chipping and putting then the rest due to the fact it was free at my local golf course IF you brought your own balls. Back then (80's) you could rent a whole bucket of balls for around $2.50 but now I'm telling how middle aged I am, laugh out loud.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

joe

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 8:25 PM

Doublemochaman:
    Who on this site can say they average in real life (on real golf courses) anything close to what they average at WGT??? 

I couldn't smell my WGT avg on my local Muni.

When I played a lot, always in the low to mid 80's and an occasional sub 80 round.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2011 6:14 AM

I can't shoot my WGT average on mini golf... :-(

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2011 6:18 AM

I'm totally happy with just bogey golf in real life,   maybe that is why I can still be happy shooting even par here in wgt land.  

This past season however,  bogey golf was playing my worst.  But still happy with it.  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2011 6:25 AM

I can shoot my average here IRL. The problem is none of the courses will let me play anymore because they say I cheat. They say the bazooka makes too much noise and the laser light from the putter is blinding spectators. Now I have to golf incognito and settle for 80s and 90s.  :-/

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2011 8:26 AM

Real life golf is enjoyable & frustrating 

The lower the hcp the more frustrating it becomes. 

Then there are days where every shot is great , every putt falls what makes you come back the next day.

• borntobesting
    9,687 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2011 9:23 AM

I can shoot better than my WGT average in real golf. However all my golf  is played on a 9 hole par 3 course. Ranging from 95 yards to 215 yards. So i shoot between 58 or 59 up to around 65 depending on my short game. I only play on a full 18 hole course maybe twice a year and both those rounds are best ball scrambles put on by the missions department of my church to raise funds for missions.

• Ihatecheats
    298 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2011 10:06 AM

My best round on a real course was 37 under for 33 under par. I lipped out on a par 5 for a hole in one and had to make do for albatross. I lost by 1stroke to my playing partner Kim Jong IL. There were 37 witnesses to this event for all the doubters.

• PAGES
RSS