Forums

Help › Forums

Surveys that never give you credits

Thu, Jan 26 2012 10:09 AM (71 replies)
  • Glossopade
    518 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 7:15 AM

snooperpooper:

I've also wasted time this morning trying to get WGT credits for surveys only to be told I don't qualify after spending time completing the survey.   I also tried Toluna this morning and see no way to convert points earned to credits, I and a number of other WGT players have flagged this on the forum page.   I think the surveys are a waste of time for the most part.

You're spot on about Toluna mate, as I found out to my cost. You do get the initial credits for a one off survey and registering with them, but there's nothing relevant to this game afterwards, apart from their own points system, which is useless here.

If you've got the time, you might try ' My Survey', who used to be promoted on here. I registered, got about 250 WGT credits, then did surveys when they e-mailed me to say there was one available. After a few months, ( 2-3 ) I had enough of their points to exchange for a 10 pounds ( sterling ) pay pal voucher, which I was able to exchange on here for about 1500 WGT credits. It was a bit involved, as you have to set up a pay pal account as well, but if you stick with it........ it works !

• snooperpooper
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 9:43 AM

Thanks for that fella I'll try them out! I'd be keen to hear from WGT on this matter as well as it doesn't look good on them.

• moonreaderman
    118 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 4:47 PM

Wut???? That is a big load of BS if I ever heard one!.....  

snooperpooper:
    Unfortunately Toluna is not responsible for the applications that are put on other websites.

So, the WGT is not responsible for putting surveys in the survey category on their own web site. ...... Interesting. They would have to explain that a bit for me to understand exactly what they are implying.

Maybe I am not Geeky enough to understand this vague reply. 

• ktbase763
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 10:55 PM

The only credits I get is for watching the advertisement videos over and over again....so five credits at a time I'm saving up for some new irons. I agree with y'all, the survey thing is a total scam and waste of time, and if WGT cared about their players, they would make sure we get credits or a sleeve of nice balls or something for our trouble, or just can the entire idea and be done with it. I love playing golf on wgt, but am disappointed that they are whores for the money the scam survey thing pulls in to their coffers. I'd rather rate and review advertisements for real credits at more than seven per day, then ever try to get a survey again. I think it's disgusting that they ask you 25 questions, then tell you you don't qualify. That's just getting raped without even a kiss, the sh*t heads!

• snooperpooper
    4 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 12:46 AM

I took some time yesterday to go through 7 of the survey sites either signing up or taking the survey and in all instances I was rejected for the survey (wrong criteria) after I'd spent time taking it or if I was accepted there were no WGT credits.

I'm now switched off to these surveys completely there is obviously no communication between these sites & WGT which I feel shows WGT up in a really bad light.   

The WGT game is great, the global community element superb but they are letting themselves down badly by this significant failure.

To add to matters I don't see any response to this problem on this forum from WGT, do they read these?

WGT - you are letting yourselves & your clients down badly here IMO!

• Glossopade
    518 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 3:07 PM

I can only say once again, what I have said elsewhere on this Forum............

• Being as I have been out of work for over 12 Months now, I decided the day I started, that as things stand, I would never put a penny of our own money into this game...... and I haven't !
    •  I have got off my backside since day one, watched the videos every day, tried to do surveys whenever I can and even joined a survey company, where I had recently earned enough of their points to get me a 10 pound sterling pay pal voucher, which I exchanged on here for around 1500 credits ! Took me nearly 3 months, but I got there ! 

That's it. I've not made a fortune, but I got from wondering how I was ever going to progress even one level, to Master Tier, in a little over three months, 

I have made some fantastic friends through this game, who have been very generous to me. Also, the owner and the senior legend at my Country Club, have been very generous as well.

I'm still rubbish, but it's been a free ride so far and  I'm very grateful to those who have helped me, as I have helped myself !

• moonreaderman
    118 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 7:02 PM

I finally got the clubs that seem to work for me by utilizing the ads or offers when I purchase physical product. I was able to send Christmas gifts to family for $20 - $25 this year. That is a great value and the gifts were unique & appreciated.

I did this and watched the seven videos dutifully daily to get my credits for clubs and balls.

The only rub I have is the time wasted on 95%+ of the surveys that I explored for the tease of credits that never materialized.

In my mind, this survey debacle is the only negative part of this virtual golfing experience that I have been a part of. 

I just hope that I have saved someone's valuable time by starting this thread. Just know that the majority of surveys offered by WGT are nothing but a futile waste of time. 

• revelie2
    24 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2012 6:52 AM

there are 2 new surveys from peanut labs, one for 150 and another for 18 credits. going thru them was easy and not very long. got all credits right away with no issues at all.

wgt did well on these, hopefully they will fix the others.

• revelie2
    24 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2012 7:32 AM

just got 75 credits from 'my survey'.  it's a banner day for credits!

• moonreaderman
    118 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2012 10:07 AM

Glad to see other WGT members getting their credits.

I was turned down for the Peanut credits after giving my age and pay scale.

Maybe the noise that I made & others made here was logical enough for the WGT folks to do something about this situation. 

Maybe this will be a trend.

I think that WGT folks in management or in sales should actually try these surveys themselves once they see these surveys offered on their own site. It is my understanding that they are not in full control of these survey offers on their own site from an email reply that I had posted earlier in this thread.

Maybe if they see there is a problem, they will nix that survey offer before we have a chance to complain. 

RSS