Forums

Help › Forums

Multiplayer stroke play

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 3 2012 8:59 AM (7 replies)
  • bazkitcase5
    86 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 11:48 PM

I was wondering if there is anybody out there who enjoys playing 18 hole stroke play with multiple players?

I understand this takes a long time, but I like to play this game for its social aspects and pure enjoyment.  Quality over quantity if you will.

If there are others like this out there, then let me know.  Me and another friend play all the time and it would be fun if others wanted to join us every now and then.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2011 7:53 AM

If I have the time for 18 holes I will.   But usually I don't get a chance to play until late in the day.

18 holes to me is more fun........if you start off with a bad front 9 it gives you a chance to recover on the back,   and just the opposite, if you have a good front 9 you have to sustain it for the back 9.

Hp

• bittydog
    623 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2011 8:37 AM

18 hole multi-player stoke play is my favorite mode of play. If you see me on and available please feel free to send an invite i'll play...

• bazkitcase5
    86 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2011 11:34 PM

any others?  feel free to add me as a friend if you don't want to post here

I'll invite you if I see you on when I'm getting ready to start a multi-player stroke game

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 12:25 AM

Apart from the time it takes to play a 18 hole Multi Player game...  they are not bad.

I will send you a Friends Request and if ya see me green (which is rare...lol), I'm always open to games by anybody :)

The worst thing about that... is you guys will be playing on my speed greens, but I can talk ya's through it if your struggling.

-Roger

• elnar
    17 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 12:50 AM

I will be interested, seems like fun

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2012 1:03 AM

Hmmmm, i dont mind p; playing 18 in stroke MP with one other.. but 3 or more.. well..

Apart from the fact that the txt box chatter can be a distraction detrimental to your Avge...

.. just takes way too long.

I enjoy the ALT games for this..you avge isnt affected by chat distractions and they take less time

:)

• bazkitcase5
    86 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2012 8:59 AM

I also enjoy alternate shot for the same reasons, but I enjoy playing ranked stroke play with other good players, for its more social aspects, so I was looking for others who are interested in the same

in match play and alternate shot you are directly competing against the other person / team, but in stroke play, you are playing against the course and your own avg

I agree it takes longer and its not something I would always have time for, but if I get more players who are interested on my friends list, maybe we could have a 3 or 4 person stroke game from time to time

the chat distraction is not really an issue considering you can close the chat window whenever it is your turn to hit and open it back up when it is not your turn

RSS