Forums

Help › Forums

Driving Range and practice greens.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 17 2010 4:42 AM (6 replies)
  • peteanddan
    18 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 12:19 PM

I'm sure this must have been suggested before but a practice area with a driving range and couple of greens would be great.

A chance to get used to new clubs or practice putting would really help. There could be a practice area in the 'choose a course' with a driving range and a green or two, one flat one on a gradient.

I have tried practice putting just going round a green but it ruins your overall score. 

Please look further into this. Thanks

• ThomasRalph
    7 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 8:48 AM

Amen Amen Amen

A practice area  that allows chipping , bunker play and a putting  green would be a huge addition.  I have lost so many strokes to my poor short game it's ridiculous.

Thanks

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 3:44 AM

Yes, it is one of the more popular suggestions already on the Player Suggestion List under the FAQs section on the right.--->

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 4:17 AM

Hi,

Yes many many times.

The practice option is your best at this point in time.

Also - because its a practice round your score doesn't count - right !! So treat it as practice and dont worry about the score.

You'll get 11 shots per hole before you hit max, and have to move to the next hole. So - 11 tee shots (aim backwards) and probably about 4 putts per hole.

The score - not important - it is practice after all.

Cheers Doug

• jonahvark
    47 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2010 10:58 AM

What we need is the opportunity to retake a shot - give you plenty of practice at those awkward ones, instead of manoeuvering yourself into position then only having one go at it!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2010 11:05 AM
    I agree. I'd prefer to have unlimited "mulligans" on the course (in practice mode) instead of a range. That provides the opportunity to practice EVERY kind of shot. Not to mention, this would be so easy for WGT to implement (tomorrow???) without building a range. And if they want to make money just charge a buck or fifty cents for a "Mulligan Practice Round" of 18 holes. This would be ideal.
  • jonahvark
    47 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2010 4:42 AM

Glad to see someone agrees. Yes, it would save having to construct a driving range,etc, but I think paying a buck or so now and again  would be impractical. A one off payment (if they insisted on it) would be much easier to implement!

RSS