Help › Forums

Matchplay against the Masters......

Sun, Jan 10 2010 7:43 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 11:07 PM

Snaike:

... Tell me you didn't bork a 3' birdie putt for the tie on the 9th!!...

Ok... "I didn't bork a 3' birdie putt for the tie on the 9th"...

I doinked a 23 footer uphill off the lip of the cup that would've gone 20ft past it, if it hadn't hit it!  :^O

I was kinda "pumped", I guess... and would've hated myself even more for blowin' the tie with a putt left short. lol

Ask them, they'll tell'ya... I'm sure they were LTA'sO as they read my "Well... I took a run at it!" entry in the chat box.   ;^D

But it was a fun round none-the-less... only good pressure.

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 11:42 PM

Pugs:

It was great to meet you on IRC.....come around more often. Grats on a great game!

Brian

• wallydawg68
    46 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 7:43 AM

PugsAce:

nivlac:

... Lastly, if it's a match against some of the game's best that you're after, then you definitely want to be there. =)

I can vouch for that statement! Wow! Although I didn't sign-in specifically to find a great game, find one I did! Playing players of a higher caliber than myself (thanks Tony and Don!), pushed me like I've never before been pushed! But in a fun way that I felt encouraged to perform well.

Thanks niv, for the opportunity to meet a bunch of great guys, learn sumpin' 'bout IRC, and share in probably the best multiplay round I've ever been involved in!

Hey Pugs,

I agree wholeheartedly with you. Although I haven't played any of the elite players yet, I find myself playing better when I play against someone with a significantly lower avg. Like you said, the pressure makes you want to perform that much better.

Michael

• PAGES
RSS