Forums

Help › Forums

Question on Copy and Paste

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 2 2012 6:16 PM (9 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 7:50 PM

What I want to do is this. You know when you want to save a shot , you click on share and a window pops up that you can either send it to your email or  copy the url address. well I want to copy the url address and then paste it in a folder, but when i go to paste it in the folder , the paste option is not lit . Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks 

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 8:07 PM

Are you wanting to save your replay to a desktop folder?

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 8:20 PM

Richard4168:

Are you wanting to save your replay to a desktop folder?

yes

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 8:40 PM

The easiest way I know how to put content in a new folder is to first make a shortcut and simply drag it into the new folder.

First, copy the desired URL > go to the desktop and right click > click new > click shortcut > then paste the URL in the text box and click next > name the shortcut then click finish.

Second, right click on the desktop > click new > then click folder. Name your folder then open it. Now start dragging all your shortcuts into the new folder. Right click the folder and move it to documents or wherever you want, or simply leave it on the desktop. That's it.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 9:13 PM

I e-mail them to myself and then label and archive them. Then they are always available to move them later or link them back to here.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2012 4:31 PM

Richard4168:

The easiest way I know how to put content in a new folder is to first make a shortcut and simply drag it into the new folder.

First, copy the desired URL > go to the desktop and right click > click new > click shortcut > then paste the URL in the text box and click next > name the shortcut then click finish.

Second, right click on the desktop > click new > then click folder. Name your folder then open it. Now start dragging all your shortcuts into the new folder. Right click the folder and move it to documents or wherever you want, or simply leave it on the desktop. That's it.

That worked for me.   BUT,  when I deleted it from my replays, ( to make room for more)  the link no longer works.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2012 5:11 PM

Hi hp,

The replays from your WGT profile that you saved to a new folder has to have it's original destination for those files to be viewable from the new folder. When you deleted the replays from your profile, the new folder couldn't open something that didn't exist.

When you save a replay from the game-client, the files destination is the new folder you create, and not your WGT profile. You'll be able to move the new folders wherever you want, like your documents, briefcase, or wherever. Once your done, double click your desired replay to open the file.

Use the above steps to create a new folder.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2012 5:40 PM

Richard4168:
    When you save a replay from the game-client, the files destination is the new folder you create, and not your WGT profile.

ahh.....I get ya.

Thanks

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2012 6:13 PM

Not a problem hp.

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2012 6:16 PM

Instead of copying to a folder, why not post it to a blog on your profile page?!?

Start a blog for each course and SHARE each replay to the appropriate blog.  Once you click COPY from the SHARE option, go to your profile and edit the blog you want the replay to go in.

RSS